OUT OF STOCK BUT WE CAN GET IT
• Ship time varies by availability - C19 delays possible
• Order now to reserve yours ~ risk free
Get The Classic High Quality Mic With The Neumann U47 FET Collector's Edition Classic Studio Microphone
The Neumann U 47 fet was first manufactured from 1972 to 1986, and since then has been firmly established in the range of microphones used by many well-known studios. In addition to serving as a soloist microphone, it has become legendary especially for the recording of bass-heavy instruments and for the direct miking of loud amps.
The U 47 fet Collectors Edition is a new edition of this classic, issued in the year 2014. For this, Neumann has resumed production of this classic mic, according to the original production documents and schematics. It is supplied with a high-quality wooden case with sophisticated special packaging, and an individual certificate with the serial number of the microphone.
In terms of technical design, the U 47 fet is a condenser microphone with a cardioid directional characteristic and fet 80 circuit technology. Among other things this technology, also used in the U 87, is characterized particularly by a wide dynamic range. The K 47 double large-diaphragm capsule was already employed in the U 47, the legendary tube-based predecessor of the U 47 fet. The K 47 provides a slight boost in the range above 2 kHz.
If required, a switchable low-cut filter raises the lower cutoff frequency electronically from 40 Hz to 140 Hz, thus suppressing undesirable low frequencies (such as impact sound and wind noise), or serving to compensate for the proximity effect. Switchable attenuation can reduce transmission levels by 10 dB, facilitating the processing of very high sound pressure levels of up to 147 dB. In addition, to prevent overloading of the connected preamp, the output signal can be reduced by 6 dB via a switch on the bottom of the microphone.
In order to ensure stable positioning, the microphone is swivel-mounted on an integrated bracket. The bracket stand connector has 5/8"-27 internal thread, with an adapter for 1/2" and 3/8" threads. The microphone cable can be secured at the side of the stand connector, by using the knurled nut to fasten it in the slot (for cable diameters of up to 5 mm). The microphone is available in classic nickel.
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern Cardioid
- Frequency range 40 Hz - 16 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 Kohm - 8 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance 150 ohms
- Rated load impedance 1 Kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR - 25 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted - 18 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR (rel. 94 dB SPL) - 69 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted (rel. 94 dB SPL) - 76 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%
- 137 dB with preattenuation 147 dB
- Max. output voltage for THD < 0.5 %: -3.3 dBu
- Power Supply (IEC 61938) P48
- Current consumption - 0.5 mA
- Required connector XLR 3 F
Model: U 47 FET
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA59172
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device