*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Pick Up The Redesigned Drum 2 With Added Features And Effects - Nord Drum 3P Modeling Percussion Synthesizer
The super compact new Nord Drum 3P combines stunning playability with unlimited sound design possibilities! New features include integrated multi-pad, Reverb and Delay effects, a simplified sound selection mode, and new Sound Banks for quickly creating custom kits on the fly.
The ultra-compact new Nord Drum 3P features an integrated super responsive multipad and external kick input and weighs under 2 kg (4,1 lbs)!
DELAY AND REVERB EFFECTS
The great sounding global Stereo Reverb and Delay effects let you add a whole new dimension to your drum sounds and the effect amount is easily adjusted for each drum channel.
SIMPLIFIED SOUND SELECTION AND NEW SOUND BANK NEW
The new Drum Select feature lets you browse a wide selection of great sounding drums sounds, simply assigned to each pad individually. Easily replace toms, cymbals, or kicks in seconds by selecting from our new preset library.
The new Drum Select banks feature 9 categories of great preset sounds that can be easily assigned to any of the six pads/channels - and is a great starting point in rehearsal situations when you need to find the right sounds in a matter of seconds.
The categories include Bass drums, Snare drums, Toms, Hi-hats, Cymbals, Percussion, Bells, Tuned Percussion, and Effects.
The Sound generation takes place in the three sections Tone, Noise and Click.
The sounds of the Nord Drum 3P are all synthesized in real-time - allowing you to both sculpt and play sounds with a unique dynamic response, regardless if you prefer to play with drum sticks or from a sequencer.
The Tone Section is specialized for creating tonal and harmonically complex sound spectras and has four synthesis modes – Resonant synthesis, Subtractive Synthesis, Frequency Modulation, and Ring Modulation synthesis.
The Resonant synthesis mode offers a wide range of complex spectras inspired by materials like drum heads, marimba, vibraphone, tines, and cymbals. A unique feature includes the possibility to tune harmonic spectra.
The Subtractive Wave types include Sine, Saw, Square, Pulse waveforms, and T-Bridge Oscillators and are brilliant for creating classic synth-type drum sounds and effects.
The FM Synthesis mode features 6 different FM algorithms where the Frequency parameter controls the modulation amount and Spectra controls modulation frequency.
The Ring Modulation mode features 2 different types of Ring Modulation.
EXTREME DYNAMIC CONTROL
The Nord Drum 3P offers great control over the dynamic response of the harmonic spectras.
When using Resonant synthesis waveforms the upper parts of the harmonic spectra be controlled with velocity, giving it a brighter timbre when played hard.
When using the Subtractive synthesis mode, the Frequency parameter controls the cut-off frequency of a Low-Pass filter and the Dyn Filter controls how much the filter should respond to velocity.
The Decay controls the decay of the whole spectra, with a choice of Linear and Exponential decay envelopes. A Dynamic Decay mode lets you set different Decay lengths for soft and hard strokes. The Punch Decay adds more attack to the Tone by giving the fundamental pitch an ultra-fast envelope at the very beginning of the sound.
The Bend parameter provides a powerful, velocity sensitive pitch envelope. Use it to create attack-like effects but also more radical bending sounds that travel up or down when played such as the sound of a raindrop, tables, or the classic 80’s “pioouw” tom-sound.
The Noise section is all about producing noise and is very powerful. Create anything from silky smooth hiss to gritty gravel to give the Tone part of the sound more texture.
The Noise can be sculpted with Low-Pass, High-Pass, or Band-Pass filters with Cut-Off and Resonance controls. Once you've found the noise of your choice, it can be adjusted to respond dynamically to velocity in the same manner as with the Tone section with the Dyn Filter control.
The Decay control is just as powerful, with a choice of Linear, Exponential, and Gated decay types. A Dynamic Decay mode lets you set different Decay lengths for soft and hard strokes.
Combine this with the equally powerful dynamic controls of the Tone Section and it won’t take long before realizing the potential for creating complex sounds with fascinating material-like behaviors!
The Click-section is a specialized section for an ultra-short attack to the sound. A wide range of different click types are available as well as a level control for finding the sweet spot where the Click merges with the other elements and becomes one coherent sound.
Each of the 6 channels of the Nord Drum 3P has its own powerful effects – Drive, EQ, and Ring Modulation.
Adding just a touch of Drive to your sounds can make a huge difference in terms of realism, while the Sample-Rate reduction is perfect for Lo-fi crackling effects. Ring Modulation can be used for slow tremolo-like effects to total atonal mayhem.
A flexible parametric Equalizer with selectable band and amount is also available for each channel, brilliant for adding some finish or attitude to your sounds.
The Nord Drum 3 features two new Master Effects, Reverb and Delay. The Reverb features 5 room algorithms (Tiled Room, Room, Plate, Stage, and Hall) with controls for tonal color. The Delay effect features a Tap Tempo-mode and adjustable feedback amount. The amount of Reverb and Delay can be set individually for each of the 6 channels of the Nord Drum 3P
The handy Edit All mode lets you edit all 6 channels simultaneously, for example, reverb, distortion, or delay.
Tuned Percussion kits can be created instantly by selecting one of the Scale Presets, which include Chord Scales, Pentatonic, Hang Tunings, and Hexatonic.
The Mute Group gives you the option to create sounds that can cancel each other out. Only one of the members of the group can sound at a time and can be used for creating a close/open hi-hat behavior and emulating muting techniques from hand percussion.
The Channel Mixer sets the level for each channel and also features a Pan control for creating a lush stereo image. If you like to send the kick to a separate output, just pan that channel all the way to the left and the other channels to the right.
MIDI in/out is also available for using the Nord Drum 3P with any kind of MIDI pads or sequence it from an external MIDI Sequencer. All of the Nord Drum 3P sound parameters can be controlled via CC-controls over MIDI. If you own an iPad don't miss our free iPad app Nord Beat, specifically designed for sequencing the Nord Drum 3P via MIDI.
Everything you play when using the multipads and external input is automatically output to the MIDI output, making the Nord Drum 3 a brilliant controller for other sound sources via MIDI.
- 6-channel Modeling Percussion Synthesizer
- Integrated multipad, kick pad input, and MIDI NEW
- Simplified user interface with easy sound selection NEW
- New preset 'Drum Select' library for kicks, snares, toms, and more NEW
- Advanced sound engine with Resonant Synthesis, Subtractive synthesis, and FM-synthesis
- Reverb and Delay Effects - adjustable amount for each pad NEW
- Drive, Sample-Rate reduction, Ring Modulation, and EQ-effects for each pad
- MIDI in/out and full CC-control
- Stereo Output with improved output level
- Headphone Output with improved output level
- 4 Character LED-display
- 4 Banks x 50 Programs for Drum Kits
- 9 Drum banks for single drum sounds - Bass Drums, Snare Drums, Toms, Hi-hats, Cymbals, Percussion, Bells, Tuned Percussion, Effects
- 8 User Banks x 50 sounds for single drum sounds
- Free OS updates
- 6-channel Percussion Modeling Synthesizer
- Tone section - Resonance modeling, Subtractive, Ring Modulation, and FM-synthesis
- Noise section - Low Pass 12dB/24dB, High Pass 12db/24dB, High Pass High Cut and Band Pass 6dB/12dB filter. Adjustable resonance and filter envelope response
- Click section - 12 click types, Noise Waveforms, Short Pulses, High Pass Filtered Pulses, and Chirps. Adjustable level.
- Global Stereo Reverb with 5 reverb modes (Tiled Room, Room, Plate, Stage, and Hall) and Color highpass/low pass. The reverb amount can be adjusted per channel.
- Global Delay with Rate (Milliseconds), Feedback and Tap Tempo mode (BPM)
- Drive, Sample Rate Reduction and Ring Modulation Effects per channel
- EQ with Gain and Frequency controls per channel
PADS AND TRIGGER INPUT
- 6 integrated rubber pads with adjustable Input Threshold/Sensitivity
- External Trigger input with adjustable Input Threshold/Sensitivity for Kick drum pad or similar
- Adjustable Dynamic Response Curves
- Channel Peak/Activity indicator
- MIDI Note ON/OFF
- MIDI Program Change
- MIDI CC parameter control
- 2 Audio Outputs ¼", 6,35 mm (unbalanced)
- Stereo Headphones Output - 1/8”, 3,5 mm
- MIDI in & out - 5 pin DIN connectors
- 1 generic trigger input - ¼”, 6,35 mm
- DC input - 12V, 500mA
- Nord Drum 3P: 29,9 x 4,85 x 28,1 cm (11,78" x 1.9" x 11,2")
- Nord Drum 3P: 1,85 kg (4,1 lbs)
- User Manual
- Universal Module Mount
- Universal Power Adapter
Specifications subject to change without notice.Manufacturer: Nord Keyboards
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.