Get Great Sonic Flexibility With The Novation Peak Polyphonic Synthesizer
The New Novation Peak is an eight-voice desktop polyphonic synthesizer with three New Oxford Oscillators for each voice. The oscillators sound completely analog by being high-quality NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators) but gain the flexibility of the digital domain with 17 digital wavetables. They can also become a linear FM source using either the analog-sounding NCOs or digital wavetables so are able to cross-modulate in a recursive loop.
The synth has a resonant multi-mode analog filter for each voice, and three distortion points for each voice pre-filter, post-filter, and global in an analog signal chain. Peak is capable of receiving polyphonic aftertouch, which puts expression right at your fingertips. Reverb, delay, and chorus effects are at one's disposal, and there is also an on-board arpeggiator.
The modulation system puts a 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments in the main controls, cleverly arranged for intuitive patch design and sound editing. There are three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs for each voice, and more elaborate movements and secondary via assignments are made just a few menu button presses away. In addition, two animate buttons give live performers instant one-touch transformation of patches.
Peak connects to modular systems via a CV modulation input and has MIDI I/O on five-pin DIN ports, so other MIDI gear can be connected. Via USB, Peak can be plugged into Mac or PC, where unlimited patches can be kept using the Components software.
- Innovative New Oxford Oscillators using two waveform generating techniques: NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators) and 17 digital wavetables
- Pre-filter and post-filter distortion per voice, plus global distortion
- Polyphonic aftertouch and linear FM
- Extensive modulation system, with 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments controlled on the front panel
- Three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs per voice, plus animate buttons for instant modulation switching
- High-quality reverb, delay and chorus effects, and onboard arpeggiator
- CV modulation input for integration with modular systems
- Compact desktop module design with optional die-cast aluminum stand for positioning (not included)
Included In The Box
- Novation Peak polyphonic synthesizer
- USB cable
- Power supply
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.