Become A Bass Head With The Orange OB1-500 Bass Head
The key to the OB1's unique sound is our footswitchable Blend circuit which adds a veneer of controllable gain and increased harmonic content to the upper registers of the input signal. The lower frequencies and clean signal are left alone, staying warm and clear just as they would be in a 'bi-amped' setup. Depending on where the Gain and Blend controls are set, the possibilities are limitless. Punch in the Blend control to achieve anything from a transparent clean boost, to all-out filthy grind, and everywhere in between.
OB1-500 shares the same layout and 2U rack dimensions as the less powerful OB1-300, coupled to a full fat 500 Watt output section to move some serious air.
'BI-AMP' INSPIRED DESIGN
The OB1 splits the input instrument signal into two separate paths. One side amplifies the clean signal, with all the clarity you would expect from Orange. The other adds stages of gain to the upper harmonics only, controllable via the amp“óËé¼Ëäós Gain knob. These two elements are combined using the amplifier's Blend control which adjusts the mix between clean and dirty. The Blend control can then be remotely engaged or defeated using the optional footswitch.
The Gain and Blend's range allows for almost anything, from a subtle level boost to cut through the mix, added girth and presence at moderate settings to fatten up chorus passages, to fully saturated savagery at the extremes. However you dial it, the OB1 always maintains the critical low end definition, right the way up to the most offensive settings!
- Rack mountable (2u) 'bi-amp' inspired bass head with footswitchable gain & blend controls
- Active 3 band eq
- Balanced di & line level outputs
- Front panel (right to left): instrument input with active/passive switch, gain, blend, bass, middle, treble, volume, footswitch input, mains switch
- Rear panel (right to left): speaker outputs (speakon), 1/4" line output, balanced output with ground lift switch
- Speaker output options: minimum 4 ohm: 1 x 8 ohm, 2 x 8 ohm, 1 x 4 ohm
- Output power: 500 watts, class a/b
- Finish options: white powder coated steel chassis (2u 19" rack mountable)
Manufacturer: Orange Amplification
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details