*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Get Endless Features For Studio And Stage - The PRS Grainger 5-String Bass Guitar In Black Gold Burst With A Natural Back
"These basses give me everything I need for recording and playing live...all the tone, clarity, power, and feel...everything. They are works of art and great tools for working bassists," - Gary Grainger
The Grainger 5 is the evolution of our Private Stock Gary Grainger Bass line. As the primary designer of our Private Stock basses, Gary (John Scofield, Dennis Chambers, Frank Gambali, etc.) collaborated with many bass artists, including Wyzard (Mother’s Finest) and Kevin Walker (Justin Timberlake), to create a Core PRS bass with all the character and quality of Gary’s Private Stock models but with a more universal appeal.
- Top Wood: Carved Figured Maple
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Number of Frets: 24
- Scale Length: 34"
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Neck Shape: GG 5
- Fretboard Wood: Rosewood
- Fretboard Inlay: Birds
- Bridge: PRS 5-String Bass Bridge
- Tuners: Bass Tuners
- Hardware Type: Nickel
- Strings: .043 - .127
- Treble Pickup: GG5
- Bass Pickup: GG5
- Controls: PRS/Grainger Active Electronics (2 Push/Pull Volume Knobs & 3 Knob EQ)
- Knobs 1-2 are volume controls and passive/active switch:
- Knob 1: Neck pickup volume.
- Down = Active, Up = Passive If this knob is up and Knob 2 is down only the neck pickup (passive) is heard
- Knob 2: Bridge pickup volume.
- Down = Active, Up = Passive
- If this knob is up and Knob 1 is down only the bridge pickup (passive) is heard.
- If both knob 1 and knob 2 are in the up position, both pickups (passive) are heard.
- Knobs 3-5 are a 3-band EQ control:
- Knob 3: Bass EQ. Functions with pickups in active mode.
- Knob 4: Mid EQ. Functions with pickups in active mode.
- Knob 5: Treble EQ. Functions with pickups in active mode.
- The bass will function passively without batteries as well.
- Case/Bag: PRS Hardshell Case
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.