Upgrade Your Module With The Qu-Bit Nano Rand V2 Module
Nano Rand v2 is a reissue of our classic micro random module. It features a sample and hold, noise source, and random voltage generator in 4HP. It takes inspiration from and improves upon the analog concept of a random voltage module; moving forward in leaps and bounds into the digital domain. At its' core is an 8 bit microcontroller which allows for an extremely versatile, and more importantly, musical type of random.
Containing four random voltage algorithms that include random stepped voltages, random LFO waveforms and frequencies, random frequency audio rate square waves, and a combination of all algorithms, Nano Rand creates a signal that would otherwise take a multitude of modules to produce.
On top of the fluctuating random voltage output, it is also capable of producing the most musical random gate output in the Eurorack format. When externally clocked, Nano Rand generates random gate outputs that are musically related to the incoming clock signal. It chooses between eighth, sixteenth, quarter and many other rhythmic divisions, creating unique evolving rhythms. With a clean, intuitive interface and more random per square millimeter than ever before, Nano Rand is the ultimate in musically significant aleatoric meanderings.
- 4 switchable random voltage algorithms
- Can be internally or externally clocked
- Random gate source that generates musical derivatives of incoming clock
- Generates random frequency audio rate square waves allowing it to be both audio and control source
- Random voltage can be unipolar or bipolar
Upgrades from V1
- Noise output converted to analog white noise circuit with extremely flat frequency response
- Algo button converted to smaller version
- Added reverse power protection
- Width: 4HP
- Depth: 38.1mm (skiff friendly)
- Power: +12V = 62mA, -12V = 37mA, +5V = 2mA, +34V= 62mA, -34V = 37mA
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.