OUT OF STOCK BUT WE CAN GET IT
• Ship time varies by availability - C19 delays possible
• Order now to reserve yours ~ risk free
Get A Module That's The First Of Its Kind With The Qu-Bit Scanned Organic Wavetable Oscillator Module - Black
Scanned is an organic wavetable oscillator. It uses an unexplored technique known as Scanned Synthesis to animate wavetables that are created in real-time. This synthesis method was conceived by the father of computer music, Max Mathews, as the next paradigm in digital oscillators, and until now, has never been implemented on hardware.
The wavetables are dynamically generated from a set of "objects" tied together on a virtual string. These objects have physical properties including Mass, Stiffness, and Damping which affect the way that the string moves through space and time. Unlike physical modeling, however, this algorithm is a means of creating new electronic sounds, not replicating acoustic instruments.
To animate the waveform, the objects are morphed into the currently selected hammer shape and then released. This excitation of the sound generates evolving timbral landscapes that contain harmonic movement without external modulation. The hammer section also determines whether Scanned is a free-running oscillator, or a triggered sound source allowing it to function as a complete voice without additional filters or VCAs.
- First hardware implementation of Scanned Synthesis
- Organic wavetable generation and animations
- Can be a free-running oscillator or triggered voice
- Inject input allows external audio or CV sources to excite the string
- Evolving timbral landscapes without external modulation
- Four hammer shapes with interpolation
- Aluminum front panel
- Depth: 22mm
- Width: 16 HP
- +12V: 100mA
- -12V: 13mA
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA92231
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device