Get The Load Box Made To Deliver A Load Of Tone, Improving The Control You Have Over Your Instruments Signal - TheÂ Radial Engineering Headload Prodigy Combination Load Box and DI
The Radial Engineering Headload Prodigy Combination load box and DI is a combination load box and DI that lets you drive your guitar amp at a higher output in order to maximize the tone, yet produce a lower stage volume when needed.
Like the larger Headloadâ„¢, the Prodigy employs custom made cement-encrusted ceramic-coated resister coils to convert the excessive power from the amplifier to heat and is able to comfortably withstand up to 100 watts RMS. The Prodigy may be used in three different ways, depending on the need: First, it may be used as a direct box via the built-in Radial JDX Reactor. The hugely popular JDX combines a reactive load with a proprietary filter bank to emulate the tone of a 4 x 12 half stack. This features 100% discrete class-A circuitry for optimal tone and transformer isolation to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops. Designed to replace a microphone, the JDX delivers greater consistency while eliminating concerns such as stage resonance, bleed from other instruments and problematic room acoustics which can play havoc on the tone.
Second, the Prodigy may be used as a load box where you can attenuate the output from 100% down to 50% to drive your amp harder while keeping the volume down to a comfortable level. Finally, the prodigy can be used without a speaker cabinet for completely silent recording. This is particularly useful in small venues where the speaker cabinet on stage may conflict with the sound in the room. It is also great for silent recording where you want to take advantage of 'high power' amp distortion without upsetting the neighbours.
In order to optimize the playing experience for in-ear monitors, a dual band EQ lets you optimize bass and treble settings. Two additional Â¼" outputs enhance connectivity: The first is direct from the amp while the second is post EQ - post JDX. These are used to feed additional amplifiers or effects and adjusted using the front panel level control. A second level control is used to adjust the built-in headphone amplifier for silent practicing.
Housed in 14-gauge steel to help keep magnetic radiation at bay, the Headload Prodigy features a handy carry handle plus Radial's unique book-end design that creates a protective zone around the switches and controls. The internal I-beam construction adds tremendous rigidity, protecting the sensitive PC board from being torqued which could lead to solder joints going cold prematurely. One or two Prodigies may be rack-mounted into a single 19" rack space using an optional rack kit and power is supplied by an external 15VDC supply with a cable clamp to prevent accidental disconnection. Available in the 8 ohm model.
- Balanced Out: JDX lo-Z balanced mic level output used to feed the PA system,
- monitors or recorder.
- GND LIFT: Lifts pin-1 on the XLR output to help eliminate hum and buzz caused by
- ground loops.
- POST-EQ: Presents a post JDX and post (wet) EQ output to feed a second direct box
- for recording or external effects processor.
- PRE-EQ: Pre-JDX direct output sends the unaffected (dry) direct signal from your amp
- to feed another stage amp or effects.
- 100% Output: ¼” output delivers full output of your amp to the speaker cabinet.
- From AMP: ¼” input connects signal from your amp head output to the Prodigy.
- 50% Output: ¼” output is used to attenuate the volume for quiet on-stage
- POWER: Connection for the external 15VDC 400mA power supply.
- Cable Clamp: Secures the DC adapter cable to prevent accidental power
- Headphone: ¼” TRS mono summed output for headphones lets you quietly practice
- while your amp is being driven hard.
- PHONES: Variable control used to adjust headphone level to suit.
- Line Out: Variable control to adjust the level going to the unbalanced ¼" JDX outputs.
- EQ: Lets you fine tune the tone of the JDX output to optimize your wedge monitors or
- POL 180: Inverts phase by toggling pin-2 and pin-3 at the XLR out to correct acoustic
- resonance or to help phase-align the direct out with a microphone.
- POWER: LED indicator lets you know the Prodigy is activated.
- Handle: Makes it easy to carry your Prodigy around the studio – may be removed for
- rack mounting.
- Steel Case: Solid 14-gauge steel outer shell shields the inner electronics from
- disruptive magnetic fields generated by the amplifier’s power transformer.
- Vents: Top access ventilation slots allow excess heat to be dissipated without the
- need of a fan.
- BOOK-END DESIGN: Creates protective zone around the switches and potentiometer
- to keep them out of harm’s way
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive attenuation circuit with active equalization
- Frequency response: Shaped to emulate a classic guitar cabinet
- Gain: -30dB/-42dB
- Noise floor: -106dBu
- Maximum input: 130 watts continuous
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.05%
- Intermodulation distortion: 0.05%
- Input / output impedance: 8 Ohms speaker load
- Output level - max - 1KHz: +17dBu
- Output level - max - 20Hz: +14dBu
- Power: Radial +/-15V 400mA power supply
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: (L x W x H) 10.25" x 5,9" x 3.75" (260.3 x149.7 x 95.2mm)
- Weight: 5.3lbs (2.4kg)
- Shipping size: (L x W x H) 14.5" x 8.75" x 4.75" (368.3 x 222.2 x 120.7mm)
- Shipping weight: 6.5lbs (2.9kg)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 40 Degrees F and 105 Degrees F
Manufacturer: Radial Engineering
Model: PRODIGY V8
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA79481
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device