Pick Up This 'Swiss Army Knife' Of Options Packed Into A Rack Unit And Get The Best Performance Out Of Your Gear - Radial Engineering JD6 Six-Channel Rackmount DI Box
The Radial JD6 is a high performance 6-channel rackmount direct box designed for the most demanding studio and live touring applications. Stemming from the industry standard Radial JDI, the JD6 incorporates six high performance audio transformers with extra RF filtering to ensure optimal signal transfer without noise, distortion or artefact of any kind. These are able to withstand extreme signal levels without choking. This makes the JD6 particularly effective when managing high output active devices such as digital pianos that will often overload most direct boxes or preamps.
The passive design further advantages signal transfer by providing galvanic isolation from the input to the output, thus eliminating the hum and buzz that is often encountered due to ground loops and DC current offsets. This makes the JD6 particularly effective for use with keyboards, drum machines, electronic drums and audio sources such as CD players or computers.
Each JD6 channel is equipped with a rear-mounted ¼" instrument input and thru-put for the artist's amp plus a lo-Z balanced XLR output to feed the mixing desk. The front panel presents an ergonomically efficient array of switches and connectors including ground lift, 180º polarity reverse, stereo-to-mono merge plus a low-pass filter to reduce unwanted high frequency noise that is common with older vintage keyboards. Channels 1 and 2 are supplemented with front panel 'priority' connectors that switch the input as soon as a cable is inserted for improved efficiency in the studio.
- Passive direct box for concert touring and studio
- Ultra linear nickel-laminated transformers
- Handles extreme signal levels without distortion
- Front and rear panel connectivity for added routing options
- Audio circuit type: Passive, transformer based
- Number of channels: Six channels
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (± 0.2dB)
- Dynamic range: 135dB
- Maximum input: +21dB @ 20Hz
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.05% from 20Hz ~ 20kHz @-10dB
- Phase deviation: 0.3° @ 100Hz; 3° @ 20Hz
- Input impedance: 140k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output impedance: 150 Ohms, balanced
- Transformer: Eclipse ET-DB1, 12:1 ratio
- Shield: MuMETAL® can with internal Faraday shield
- Input pad: -15dB
- Merge: Sums left & right sources to mono (ch. 1 & 2 only)
- 180° polarity reverse: Inverts absolute phase
- Ground lift: Disconnects pin-1 at XLR output
- XLR configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Connectors (ch. 1 & 2): RCA L/R in, 1/4" in & thru, XLR-M out
- Connectors (ch. 3 ~ 6): 1/4" in & thru, XLR-M out
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: (W x H x D) 483 x 44.5 x 159mm ("19" x 1.75" x 6.25")
- Shipping size: W x H x D: 260 x 114 x 568mm (10.25" x 4.50" x 22.37")
- Shipping weight: 3.7 kg (8.15 lbs)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 40°F and 105°F
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.