OUT OF STOCK BUT WE CAN GET IT
• Ship time varies by availability - C19 delays possible
• Order now to reserve yours ~ risk free
Pick Up The The Most Natural Sounding Amp Direct Box Ever - The Radial Engineering JDX48 Reactor Guitar Amp Direct Box
The Radial Engineering JDX 48 Reactor Guitar Amp Direct Box is a direct box designed to capture the explosive dynamics and warmth of an electric guitar amplifier by connecting between the guitar amp head and speaker cabinet. This delivers a sound that is similar to a well-placed microphone while eliminating the frustrating inconsistencies.
The design begins with 100% discrete class-A circuitry and a transformer-coupled 'reactive load' that captures both the sound from the amp head along with the back electromagnetic impulse from the loudspeaker. This produces a more realistic rendering than the usual resistive pad offered by other manufacturers. The signal is then processed via a carefully designed multi-stage filter to emulate the tone of a 4x12 half stack cabinet.
In use, the JDX 48 delivers greater consistency over a typical microphone as irregularities such as mic placement and varying acoustics no longer play the dominant role on stage. This is most appreciated when using in-ear monitors as the tone remains consistent from one show to the next, resulting in shorter setup times and a more comfortable audio feed for the artist.
Although originally designed for guitar, the JDX has also become a favorite on bass. The clarity and punch in the lower midrange delivers a tone that is reminiscent of an Ampeg SVT connected to an 8x10 cabinet. On guitar it sounds as if you have a Shure SM57 in front of a Marshall half-stack. This new version also offers greater power handling for 300 watt amps and extended low end for deep bass frequencies.
- Captures sound of both the head and the cabinet
- Delivers consistent tone - show after show
- Works equally well on electric guitar and bass
- Can be used with 48V phantom power or DC supply
- XLR configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- 300W AMP select for use with higher wattage amps.
- FROM AMP connection for amplifier output.
- TO SPEAKER connects your amp to the speaker through the JDX 48. Connection to a loudspeaker or a load box is mandatory. Please read the safety disclosure statement before connecting the JDX 48.
- GROUND LIFT switch eliminates hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
- PSU JACK optional connection for the included 15 volt DC power supply.
- BASS EXT Boosts bottom end frequencies for bass.
- XLR OUTPUT mic-level, 600Ω balanced XLR output connects to your mixing console.
- 180° POLARITY Reverses pin-2 and pin-3 at the XLR output to phase align the
- JDX 48 with a mic.
- BOOKEND DESIGN creates a protective zone around the jacks switches.
- CABLE CLAMP Secures cable in place.
- FULL BOTTOM PAD keeps it from sliding around and provides isolation from electrified amplifier frames and handles.
- Audio circuit type: Discrete Class-A - Transformer Isolated
- Frequency response: Shaped for guitar use
- Dynamic range: 114dB
- Noise floor: -100dBu below 0dBu
- Maximum input: 120W @ 8â„¦
- Maximum output: +14dBu (clip level)
- Thermal input limit: +49 VAC (from amplifier)
- Total harmonic distortion: <0.015% (+10dBu input @ 1KHz)
- Inter-modulation distortion: 0.03% (+10dBu input @ 1KHz)
- Input impedance: 15kâ„¦
- Output impedance: 2kâ„¦ (XLR out)
- Power: 48V phantom or +15VDC/400mA adapter Included
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis and outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
Manufacturer: Radial Engineering
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA79480
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device