Pick Up This Ultra Durable Stereo USB Laptop DI And Enjoy Plug And Play With A Professional Quality Signal - The Radial Engineering USB-Pro Stereo USB Laptop DI Box
The Radial USB-Pro Stereo USB Laptop DI Box is a high-resolution stereo digital audio converter (DAC) and direct box that is designed to connect to any computer system to seamlessly transfer digital audio to analog. A stereo pair of balanced XLR audio outputs with adjustable level control then feeds the signal to a microphone preamplifier, PA system, mixing console or even a powered speaker! Made for plug and play simplicity, the USB-Pro will automatically be listed as an available sound card in the audio settings in all popular operating systems including Windows XP, Windows 7/8, and Mac OSX.
Connection to a computer is accomplished through a standard USB type-B port. Digital-to-analog conversion can be monitored on headphones through the 3.5mm analog output to check signal quality and level before connecting to a sound system. A mono-sum switch may be engaged to check for phasing or for connection to a mono system. Should hum or buzz caused by ground loops be encountered, two recessed side-access switches allow the user to insert isolation transformers into the signal path. To further reduce susceptibility to noise, this is augmented with a ground lift switch that lifts pin-1 on both XLR jacks.
As with all Radial products, the USB-Pro is designed to handle the rigors of professional touring. Radial's unique book-end design creates protective zones around the switches, connectors and controls to keep them out of harm's way. Inside, Radial's time-tested I-beam construction assures the sensitive internal PC board will not torque, which could cause premature part failure. Finally, a full bottom no-slip pad provides mechanical isolation and electrical insulation to ensure quiet operation.
- LEVEL: Used to set the overall output level.
- MONO: Sums the stereo signal to mono. When active, the LED indicator illuminates. Mono mode reduces the channel count on the PA or lets you send the signal to two separate audio systems simultaneously.
- HEADPHONE: Mini 3.5mm (1/8”) TRS headphone output is used to check the output from the digital source for trouble shooting. Works with ear-buds and standard headphones.
- USB PORT: Connects from the PC or Mac using a TYPE B cable. This port delivers the digital audio signal and power to the USB-Pro which automatically recognizes the sample rate and bit depth.
- POWER LED: This indicator will illuminate when the power is received from the USB connection.
- LEFT XLR OUT: Standard XLR male output follows the AES format with pin-1 ground, pin-2 hot, pin-3 cold.
- GROUND LIFT: Used to help eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops. Lifts pin-1 on both XLR outputs.
- RIGHT XLR OUT: Standard XLR male output follows the AES format with pin-1 ground, pin-2 hot, pin-3 cold.
- ISOLATION:Switches on side panel for each channel lets you insert transformer isolation when needed. Use to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
- Audio circuit type: Custom decoder with analog line drive
- USB compliance: USB 2.0 full speed
- Bit depth: 24bit (16bit capable)
- Sampling rate: 44.1kHz / 48kHz / 96kHz auto sensing
- Sound file compatibility: WDM, MME, CoreAudio and DirectSound
- Software compatibility: Windows XP/Vista/Win7/Win8 and Mac OS
- Frequency response: 5Hz ~ 40kHz (30Hz ~ 18kHz with isolation)
- Dynamic range: >90dB
- Noise floor: -90dB
- Maximum gain: +8dBu
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.01%
- Stereo separation: 75dBu
- Output impedance: 300 Ohms nominal
- Digital input:Â USB connector B-type
- Analog output: Stereo balanced mic level (2 x XLR-M)
- Headphone output: 3.5mm TRS
- Level control: Variable, works on headphone and XLR outputs
- Isolation: Switchable for each channel
- Mono switch: Sums left & right inputs to mono
- Ground lift: Lifts pin-1 on both XLR outputs
- Power: USB bus powered 500mA maximum
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- FCC approval: Complies with section 15 of the FCC Rules
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 40 Degrees F and 105 Degrees F
Manufacturer: Radial Engineering
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA79487
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device