Pick Up The Perfect Active Reamper For Professional Recording Engineers - Radial Engineering X-Amp Active Re-Amplifier
The Radial Engineering X-Amp Reamper is an active Reamper™ that allows the engineer to play a pre-recorded track back through guitar amplifiers and pedals. This opens the door to explore new musical sounds and spur on the creative process so that your recording stands out.
Using the X-Amp is easy: start by recording a dry track using a high quality direct box like the Radial J48. Send the new track from your recorder via the X-Amp to your guitar amps, effect pedals or combinations thereof. Once the basic track has been recorded, replacing or adding tracks can be done well after the session player has gone home. This eliminates tiresome repetition and assures a fresh vibrant performance on the final recording. Furthermore, by driving two amps at the same time, new sounds and textures can be created while allowing you to make artistic decisions as the recording progresses.
Following the critically acclaimed Radial JD7 Injector, the X-Amp employs a unique class-A circuit design that has been optimized for use with guitars. Features include balanced line level input with LED peak indicator and level control, class-A circuit topology for optimal reach and frequency response, a transformer isolated output to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops, a 180º polarity reverse switch to bring both amps into phase, and a dual ground lift switch for noise-free operation.
As with all Radial products, the X-Amp is built like a tank to provide years of trouble-free performance. An internal I-beam skeleton provides maximum protection against external stress which could cause solder points to fail. This is supplemented with an innovative bookend design that creates a protective zone around the switches, potentiometer and connectors. A full bottom no-slip pad performs double duty by keeping the X-Amp from sliding around when placed on a vibrating amplifier while also providing electrical and mechanical isolation. Reamping works equally well on bass, keyboards, drums and voice. Once you start Reamping, you will never record any other way.
- Active Reamp® with two outputs
- 100% discrete class-A signal path
- Transformer isolated to eliminate noise
- Variable 'set & forget' level control
- LINE LEVEL XLR INPUT: The input to the Radial X-Amp is a balanced line level female XLR. This is typically fed from the output of a recording device or mixing console. The XLR connector is wired with pin-2 hot following the AES standard.
- GROUND: A ground lift switch disconnects pin-1 ground at the XLR input. Depressing this switch assumes you will be providing a ground path via the OUT-1 to your amplifi er. Lifting the ground often helps reduce hum or buzz caused by so-called ground loops.
- CABLE CLAMP: Used to secure the power supply cable and prevent accidental power disconnection.
- POWER: The 15VDC power supply is connected here. Plug in to activate the X-Amp.
- FULL-BOTTOM NO-SLIP PAD: Provides mechanical isolation to reduce slipping and electrical isolation from amplifi er frames and handles.
- BOOKEND DESIGN: 14 gauge steel outer shell creates a protective zone around connectors and switches. Internal welded I beam construction for maximum durability.
- POWER LED INDICATOR: The power LED will immediately illuminate when the 15VDC supply is connected.
- Audio circuit type: 100% discrete class-A
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 15kHz (± 1.0dB)
- Signal to noise ratio: 88dB below instrument level (-20dBu)
- Dynamic range: 119dB
- Noise floor: OUT-1 -110dB; OUT-2 -108dBu
- Maximum input: +22dBu
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.02% @ -15dBu
- Inter-modulation distortion: 0.02% @ -20dBu
- Input impedance: 600â„¦
- XLR input: Balanced line-level, AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Ground lift (input): Disconnects pin-1 at the XLR input
- Output level: Adjustable
- Output type: Out-1 direct, Out-2 isolated
- Polarity: 180º polarity reverse on output-2
- Power: +15VDC/400mA adapter included
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Shipping size: 5" x 2.75" x 10.75"(127x 70x 273mm)
- Shipping weight: 2.6lb (1.18kg)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 40°F and 105°F
Manufacturer: Radial Engineering
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details