Pick Up The Most Powerful Acoustic Preamp Ever To Be Put Inside A Pedal And Fall In Love With Your Tone All Over Again - The Radial Tonebone PZ-PRE Acoustic Instrument Preamp Pedal
The Radial Tonebone PZ-Pre™ is the most powerful acoustic preamplifier ever to be put inside a pedal. And when we say acoustic, we do not just mean acoustic guitar - we mean ANY acoustic instrument including banjo, violin, cello, mandolin, contrabass, bouzouki or lute. The magic lies in the combination of high performance 100% discrete class-A PZB piezo boosters, an ultra-quiet preamp circuit that will adapt to any pickup system and a host of connectivity options that will put you in total control.
The PZ-Pre is equipped with two inputs for quick instrument changes on stage. These can also be combined to blend two pickups together if you so desire. Features include a powerful yet warm sounding semi-parametric EQ to tailor your sound, feedback eliminating controls including a dual-Q notch filter to surgically remove feedback, a high-pass filter to cut low frequency resonance, and a phase reverse switch to eliminate hot spots on stage. It is also equipped with a host of outputs: a ¼" hi-Z instrument out for an on-stage amp, a pre-EQ balanced XLR output for the PA system and a post EQ XLR out for stage wedges or in-ear monitors. A dedicated tuner out with mute switch lets you quietly tune on-stage. There's even a combination power booster - effects loop to add sizzle and dynamics to the performance and extra presence when soloing!
Compact and easy to use, the Radial PZ-Pre packs in all of the features you need to take your acoustic instrument from home to studio and club to concert.
- Two channels to switch between instruments
- Notch & resonance filters eliminate feedback
- Pre & Post Radial DI outputs for PA and monitors
- Power booster and mute for more control on stage
- Circuit Type: Proprietary active circuit
- Standard input impedance: 6.8k Ohm at input jack ('PZB' switch out)
- Input with PZB switch in Impedance: 10meg Ohm at input jack
- Output Impendence: 1k Ohm
- Low cut roll-off: Position 1: 75Hz / Position 2: 2:220Hz
- Notch Freq. range: 56Hz to 330Hz
- Notch Q: Setting 1: -8dB / Setting 2: -15dB
- Boost level: 12dB
- Effects send & receive: -10dB
- FX loop impedance: Send: 1k Ohm / Receive: 15k Ohm
- Polarity: 180° switch (absolute phase reversal)
- LED indicators Large 3mm OD ultra-bright LED indicators for: mute, boost, Ch-1 & Ch-2 toggle status
- Construction: 14 guage steel, baked enamel finish
- LOW: Shelving +/- 12dB @ 75Hz
- MID: Parametric +/- 12dB @ 82Hz to 5.6kHz
- HIGH: Shelving +/- 12dB @ 7.5kHz
- Input-1: ¼" unbalanced
- Input-2: ¼" unbalanced
- Insert Send/Receive: ¼" unbalanced
- Amp output: ¼"unbalanced, Hi-Z, 1k Ohm
- Tuner output: ¼"unbalanced, Hi-Z, 6.8k Ohm
- Pre-EQ output: XLR balanced mic level 600 Ohms
- Post-EQ output: XLR balanced mic level 600 Ohms
- Three: Mute, Boost, Toggle 1-2 / Heavy-duty high-cycle switches
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.