*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Celebrate 25 Years of RainSong Craftsmanship With The RainSong 25th Anniversary Black Ice Acoustic Guitar
The Black Ice Series embodies Artistry. Each instrument is unique. The soundboard on each guitar is meticulously crafted to achieve an aesthetically pleasing appearance without overbuilding it. Each soundboard is individually conceived so every guitar is unique. Unique in design and unique in tone. The 25YR further enhances the Black Ice visual with a stunning blue tint over the entire body and neck.
The RainSong 25YR features the Orchestra Model body, which is the most refined of all RainSong shapes. It is their most comfortable and intimate guitar, with an immediacy of presence that makes it a favorite with the coffee house crowd. The treble, already a breathtaking attribute of RainSongs, and the carbon sound are simply sublime in this little guitar. A crystal bell clarity, balance, superb separation of individual notes, and an expansive dynamic range make the 25YR one of our most individually expressive guitars. Because of Projection Tuned Layering™, the 25YR is capable of strong projection. It won't rattle windows like the Jumbo or the Dreadnought, but the 25YR, when driven, packs a lot of power and punch for a small bodied guitar.
The neck of the 25YR joins the body at the 12th fret rather than the 14th fret. This moves the bridge back on the soundboard towards the center of the lower bout resulting in improved sonic energy transmission from the strings to the soundboard and enhanced bass response.
The sound-hole of the 25YR is located on the player’s side of the upper bout. The proximity to the player's ear produces a sense of increased volume. The reduced size of the sound-hole combined with the uninterrupted larger vibrating surface of the soundboard accentuates the highs and the lows relative to the mids.
Top-of-the-line LR Baggs Stage Pro Anthem electronics with dual-source pickups and a built-in tuner makes the 25YR a stage-ready instrument.
- Soundboard: Black Ice carbon soundboard crafted using RainSong's Soundboard Fusion Technology™ technique. No soundboard braces. Abalone rosette.
- Body: All-carbon-fiber body. No bracing.
- Neck: All-carbon-fiber NS neck and composite fingerboard fabricated using RainSong’s Performance Shape Casting ™ as a single process. Adjustable truss rod. Custom abalone shark inlay.
- Accessories: Tusq™ nut, saddle and abalone inlaid bridgepins
- Case: Customized hardshell case.
- Finish UV protective, high-gloss, urethane with a blue tint
- Depth at End-pin: 4.1 inches
- Lower Bout: 17 inches
- Body Length: 21 inches
- Neck Width at Nut: 1.75 inches
- Scale Length: 24.9 inches
- Tuning Machine: Black Gotoh tuners with 1:18 gear ratio
- Electronic: LR Baggs Stage Pro Anthem dual-source electronics
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.