Get The Final Word In Broadcast Vocals With The Rode Broadcaster End-Address Broadcast Condenser Microphone
The Rode Broadcaster is a large diaphragm, end-address condenser microphone designed to provide the ultimate performance for broadcast vocal applications.
Its rich, full quality tailored response has an emphasized proximity effect that has made it a standard in radio stations the world over. It is equally suitable as a voice-over microphone for film and television
The Broadcaster features an internal pop filter, designed to minimize plosives sounds that can overload the microphone capsule and distort the audio output. In addition to the Broadcaster's native 20Hz-20kHz response, a selectable high-pass filter at 75Hz is available which will prevent low-end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
The Broadcaster features an innovative 'On-Air' indicator on the body that can be wired for external activation by the 'Channel On/Mute' function on many consoles. If not connected to a console or switch, the indicator will remain lit whenever the microphone has power.
The Rode Broadcaster microphone is designed and made in Australia, and covered by Rode Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
- HF2 1" capsule with gold plated diaphragm
- On-Air indicator LED
- Ultra-low noise
- Voice tailored low-cut feature
- Internal pop-filter
- 10 year extended warranty when you register your microphone
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Capsule: 1.00"
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 40 ohms
- Maximum SPL: 128dBSPL
- Maximum Output Level: 2.0mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K ohms load)
- Sensitivity: -34.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (20.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 14dBA
- Power Options: +24V phantom power+48V phantom power
- Weight: 577.00g
- Dimensions: 167.00mmH x 50.00mmW x 65.00mmD
- Output: XLR Output
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.