Capture A Whole New Dimension Of Immersive Sound With The Rode NT-SF1 Soundfield Ambisonic Microphone
SoundField invented the ambisonic microphone, revolutionizing 3D audio production. RODE revolutionized the microphone industry, using advanced manufacturing techniques to deliver broadcast-quality precision microphones at accessible prices. Now, for the first time, the magic of these two iconic brands has come together.
Based on a completely new capsule designed by RODE, the NT-SF1 offers extremely low noise and unprecedented smoothness and extension of frequency response. The ambisonic arrangement and tuning is drawn directly from high-end SoundField technology, ensuring the most accurate spatialization possible for the ultimate in 3D audio positioning.
The NT-SF1 is the perfect mic for a range of applications, from music recording through to capturing 3D soundscapes for VR applications. As productions increasingly require the use of surround or multi-channel spatial reproduction, the NT-SF1 should be part of every sound recordist's arsenal.
The SoundField Story
The SoundField legend starts in 1978 in the UK, with the first commercial SoundField microphone launched based on the pioneering work of Michael Gerzon. SoundField is now a global leader in high-end ambisonic microphones, installed in many of the world's most iconic venues. SoundField became part of the Freedman Group in 2016, paving the way for joint developments with RODE.
Acoustic and Electrical
- Acoustic Principle: Externally Biased Condenser
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 63Ω
- Equivalent Noise (A-weighted): 17 dB SPL (as per IEC651)
- Maximum SPL: 129 dB SPL
- Sensitivity: -30.4 dB re. 1 Volt/Pascal (30mV @ 94dB SPL, 1kHz)
- Power Requirements: 6.2mA @ 48V (Per Channel) Phantom Power
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz - 20 kHz ±3dB // 20 Hz - 20 kHz ±4dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 77 dB
- Input SPL @ 1% THD: 129 dB SPL (1kHz @ 1% THD, 600Ω load)
- Material: Brass
- Color: Black
- Weight: 286g
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 45.7 x 192.3 x 45.7mm, diameter of body: 25.1mm
- Packed Weight: 2960 (g)
- Package Dimensions (L x W x H): 161 x 270 x 386mm
Manufacturer: Rode Microphones
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details