Capture Sounds With Detail And Control With The Rode NT55 Multi-Pattern 1/2" Condenser Microphone
Like the NT5, the RODE NT55 is a small-diaphragm, true-condenser cardioid microphone, sometimes referred to as a 'pencil mic'. The Rode NT55 adds both a three position pad (0, -10dB, -20dB) and a three-stage high pass filter (Off, 75Hz, 150Hz), and includes the interchangeable NT45-O omnidirectional capsule.
Intended for recording acoustic instruments, drum overheads, cymbals, and live performances, the compact externally polarized mic employs a 1/2" capsule, an active J-FET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer.
Its tight cardioid pickup pattern also makes it ideal for use as an indoor dialogue microphone for filmmaking on a mic stand or boom.
Finished in durable satin nickel, the Rode NT55 available as a single microphone or as an acoustically matched pair.
The Rode NT55 is designed and made in Australia and covered by RODE's industry-leading 10-year warranty.
- Externally biased condenser
- Cardioid or Omni polar pattern using included interchangeable capsules
- Gold sputtered 1/2" capsule
- Three-position PAD - 0dB, -10dB and -20dB
- Three-position High-Pass Filter - flat, 75Hz and 150Hz
- Surface mount circuitry
- Low noise
- Available as Certified Matched Pair
- 10 year extended warranty when you register your microphone
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 100Î©
- Maximum SPL: 136dBSPL
- Maximum Output Level: 8.0mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KÎ© load)
- Sensitivity: -38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.60mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 15dBA
- Power Options: +48V phantom power
- Weight: 110.00g
- Dimensions: 145.00mmH x 20.00mmW x 20.00mmD
- Output: XLR Output
- Warranty: 1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.