Get The Next Evolution Of A Classic Synthesizer - The Roland Jupiter-X 61-Key Synthesizer
Since the release of the JUPITER-4 in 1978, the name JUPITER has marked the pinnacle of Roland sound and playability. Roland synthesizers with the JUPITER name carry our most advanced sound technologies, are supremely playable, and are built from premium materials.
JUPITER-X combines classic Roland design and premium build quality with a powerful new synth engine. It faithfully recreates sought-after instruments from our long history of genre-defining sounds. And with multiple layers, loads of polyphony, and deep hands-on control, you can craft huge, spacious sounds that have as much sparkle as they have warmth and punch.
Iconic Synthesizer with Legendary Sound and Design.
The 61-key JUPITER-X is the peak of Roland sound quality and design. Its all-metal build uses premium materials throughout, and the all-new aftertouch-enabled keyboard is the best we’ve ever made. A familiar layout and large array of controls let you dig in and easily shape your sounds, whether you’re composing in the studio or performing on stage.
Classic Analog to Vintage Digital. And Beyond.
JUPITER-X is equipped with our latest sound engine, capable of morphing into legendary synths from our long history of genre-defining sounds. It’s so flexible that it can reproduce our highly sought-after analog classics like the JUPITER-8, JUNO-106, and SH-101, as well as digital machines like the vintage XV-5080 and modern RD pianos. You also get the many Roland drum machines that are the foundation of electronic and dance music like the TR-808, TR-909, CR-78, and more. It’s like a studio full of vintage gear, with modern capabilities and a deep synth engine so you can explore unmapped sonic territory.
Need something wonderful, fast? JUPITER-X’s I-Arpeggio is a next-generation arpeggiator that uses artificial intelligence to not just accompany you, but to inspire you. I-Arpeggio takes your input—notes, rhythms, phrases—and creates complementary drum parts, basslines, chords, and arpeggiated lines. It works on each of JUPITER-X’s five parts simultaneously, and generated patterns can be customized and even exported to your DAW. These aren’t canned backing tracks—they’re intelligently generated beats and phrases that energize live performance and pulverize writer’s block.
Find the Sweet Spots.
In addition to its informative display, JUPITER-X has a huge array of large, comfortable knobs, sliders, and buttons. They feel sturdy and precise for incredibly smooth sweeps and subtle changes. And with the dedicated effects section and quick switching between synth layers, you can immediately take control of any aspect of a sound. This kind of natural, hands-on control gives you the feeling of reaching in and touching the sound, shaping it to find just the right settings for the moment.
The Power of Polyphony.
JUPITER-X can layer up to five parts, four for synths and one for drums. Its engine can power multiple authentic Roland classics like the JX-8P or JUPITER-8 with enough polyphony to create thick layers and complex backing parts. Create the perfect bass and lead split with an SH-101 and JUNO-106, layer a rich RD piano with lush JX-8P strings, or make a monster stack of JUPITER-8s.
Built to Last. Made to Play.
Whether it’s a personal studio, professional studio, or a touring rig, JUPITER-X is right at home. The tough metal and premium components mean it stands up to the rigors of live performance and always feels solid and precise. The high-quality balanced connections, numerous performance controllers, and multiple pedal inputs make JUPITER-X ready for any situation.
JUPITER-X is part of an expandable platform, so it can be updated with fresh new content as it becomes available. It can also directly share sounds and other content with the highly-mobile JUPITER-Xm.
- Keyboard: 61 Keys (semi-weighted keyboard and channel aftertouch)
- Sound Generator: ZEN-Core, Various MODEL sound generators
- Parts: 5 parts (Play part: 4, Rhythm part: 1)
- Tones: Preset tone: 4,000 or greater, User tone: 256, Drum Kit: 90 or greater
- EffectsMulti-Effects: 4 systems, 90 types
- Part EQ: 5 systems, Overdrive, Reverb: 7 types, Chorus: 4 types, Delay: 5 types, Mic NS / Compressor, Master EQ / Compressor
- Arpeggiator: I-ARPEGGIO (Multi parts arpeggiator with playing detection)
- Arpeggio Parts: 5 parts
- Controllers: Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever, Wheel x 2, Assignable Slider x 2, Assignable Switch x 3
- Bluetooth: Ver 4.2; Profile Support: A2DP (Audio), GATT (MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy), Codec: SBC (Support to the content protection of the SCMS-T method)
- Display: Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dots
- Speaker Amplifier Power Output: 4 W x 2
- Speakers: Full range (3.5 x 8 cm) x 2, Tweeter 2 cm x 2
- Connectors: HEADPHONES jacks: Stereo miniature phone type (front), Stereo 1/4-inch phone type (rear), MAIN OUT jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type, MAIN OUT jacks (L, R): XLR type, MIC INPUT jack: 1/4 inch phone type/XLR type, AUX INPUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type, HOLD PEDAL jack, CONTROL PEDAL jack, MIDI connectors (IN, OUT), USB COMPUTER port (AUDIO/MIDI), USB MEMORY port
- External Memory: USB Flash drive (sold separately)
- Power Supply: AC 117–240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Accessories: Owner's manual, Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY", Power cord
- Options (sold separately): Keyboard Stand: KS-10Z, KS-12, Pedal Switch: DP series, Expression Pedal: EV-5, USB Flash drive (*)
- * Use a commercially available USB flash drive. However, we cannot guarantee that all commercially available USB flash drives will work.
- Width: 1,090 mm; 42-15/16 inches
- Depth: 447 mm; 17-5/8 inches
- Height: 119 mm; 4-11/16 inches
- Weight 16.9 kg; 37 lbs 5 oz
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details