OUT OF STOCK BUT WE CAN GET IT
• Ship time varies by availability - C19 delays possible
• Order now to reserve yours ~ risk free
Rhythm Performance Meets High-Technology With The Roland TR-8S Rhythm Composer Drum Machine
TRevolution- Born of the most famous and influential drum machines ever made, the TR-8S combines the best of its Roland heritage with modern production techniques and professional sound design. The result? A forward-thinking, performance-tuned instrument unlike any other. Build your dream kit from the most iconic drum sounds of all time, plus the finest selection of stereo samples from Roland's vast library-or import your own custom samples. Tap, tune and tweak with hands-on controls and production tools that make your patterns move and groove. And why keep this kind of percussive power confined to the studio? The TR-8S was literally made to play live.
Transistor Rhythms- The TR-8S has every sound from the most sought-after TR drum machines, with detailed circuit-models of the 808, 606, 909, 707, 727 and even several modified versions. These are not sound-alike sample-packs or mere recordings of TR drum sounds. Each machine is a detailed, down-to-the-circuit-model that sounds and behaves exactly like the original hardware. All these sounds are yours, at your fingertips, and ready to use in your own productions and performances.
Filling In- Well-placed fills can create thrilling moments in a track or a live set. Each pattern in the TR-8S can contain two fills which you can customize or create from scratch. Thereâ€™s also an adjustable ÍžScatterÍŸfill which will slice and dice a measure into short bursts of cool and controlled chaos. But at times, your hands may be too busy to trigger every fill manually. Thatâ€™s where Auto-Fill comes in. Automating fills every 2, 4, 8, 16 or 32 measures keeps your hands free, but also adds interesting dynamics to your performances.
Eight Analog Outputs- Like some of its famous siblings, the TR-8S has eight separate analog outputs, so you can process individual drum sounds through external effects or send them into separate channels of your mixer or DAW. Take control of your sound and decide which instruments or groups are sent to which outputs. And whatever you choose, know that the TR-8S sounds big, punchy and spacious thanks to its high-resolution 24bit/96kHz digital-to-analog converters.
Trigger Out, External In- The TR-8S has a dedicated trigger output as well as stereo audio inputs for external sources. And its assignable outputs can even be used as additional triggers. This lets you control external instruments and mix them with the TR-8Sâ€™s internal sounds, greatly expanding your creative possibilities in the studio and performance possibilities on stage. Each pattern has a dedicated trigger track for access to all kinds of variations with no need to use up an instrument. Rim-shots and triggered analog bass patterns? Yes, you can.
Audio and MIDI Interface- Aside from being the most powerful drum machine ever made, the TR-8S is a complete multi-channel audio and MIDI interface. When you connect the TR-8S to a computer or AIRA Link host, you can transfer MIDI and high-resolution audio over a single USB cable. Record each drum instrument to a different channel for individual processing and recording, automate parameter movements from your DAW by CC messages, or sync the TR-8S to your computer or Roland MX-1 Mix Performer for live sets or late-night jam sessions.
- AC Adapter
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet "Using The Unit Safely"
- 11 Instrument Parts And 1 Exclusive Part For Trigger Out
- 16 Steps Per 1 Measure
- 8 (A - H) Variations Per 1 Pattern
- 2 Fill-In Patterns Per 1 Pattern
- (Tone Can Be Assigned To Each 11 Instrument Parts Freely.)
- Bass Drum: 11 Acb Tones
- Snare Drum: 8 Acb Tones
- Tom: 15 Acb Tones
- Rim Shot: 3 Acb Tones
- Hand Clap: 5 Acb Tones
- Hi Hat: 8 Acb Tones
- Cymbal: 8 Acb Tones
Percussion: 23 Acb Tones
- Preset Sample: 150 Tones Or Greater
- User Sample (Imported Form Sd Card For Playback): Available Format: Wav, Aiff
- Total Time For All Samples: Approximately 600Sec (At 44.1Khz, Mono)
- The Maximum Length Of A Single Audio File That Can Be Imported Is Approximately 180 Seconds (At 44.1Khz). -
- INST Fx: Thru
- H Boost
- L Boost
- L/H Boost,
- Tape Echo
- H Boost
- L Boost
- L/H Boost
- Other: Side Chain (For EXT IN)
- Scatter (As One Of Auto Fill In Function)
- 16 Characters, 2 Line (BACKLIT LCD)
- 7 Segments, 4 Characters (LED)
External Storage: SD Card (SDHS Supported) For Backup/Restore Function And Import Sample Data
- PHONES Jack: Stereo 1/4-Inch Phone Type
- MIX OUT (L/Mono, R) Jacks: 1/4-Inch TRS Phone Type
- Assignable Out/Trigger Out(1 - 6) Jacks: 1/4-Inch Phone Type
- EXT IN (L/Mono, R) Jacks: 1/4-Inch Phone Type Trigger Out Jack: Miniature Phone Type
- Midi (IN, OUT) Connectors
- USB Port: USB Type B (Audio, Midi)
- DC IN Jack
Power Supply: AC Adapter
Current Draw: 2,000 Ma
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA89565
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device