*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Finish More Music with an Elite Song Production Studio
When inspiration strikes, VERSELAB helps you capture, refine, and finish your ideas. The fluid, hands-on workflow simplifies music-making with modern vocal recording, pattern generators, thousands of ZEN-Core sounds, mastering effects, and more. Plug-and-play integration with Roland's Zenbeats app expands your production capabilities using your computer or mobile device.
Hit the Ground Running
Music production can require a lot of time, money, and expertise. And for many new producers, it's hard to know where to begin. VERSELAB has everything you need to make radio-ready tracks without all the complications, so you can focus on what matters most -- your music.
From Intro to Outro
If you're a vocalist, beatmaker, or both, it's easy to create complete songs with VERSELAB, regardless of your skill level. Move fluidly from ideas to beats, hooks, and your listeners' ears with song templates, pattern generators, and a guided workflow that keeps you on track. Whether you're just getting started, getting lost with too many options, or need to take a sledgehammer to writer's block, VERSELAB is there to keep it moving.
Bars Meet Beats
VERSELAB is designed for modern music-making and vocal recording. The high-quality XLR mic input makes it easy to record vocals with built-in effects like Auto-Pitch, Harmonizer, Doubler, and more. Just plug in a mic, dial in the sound, and go. With 16 easy access takes and the ability to copy them anywhere in your song, arranging is a snap.
Sounds from the Source
For songs to knock, you need the best sounds available. Roland's sound has helped define hip-hop and other modern genres for decades, from the TR-808 to the SP-404. This sonic legacy is packed into VERSELAB, with over 3000 curated sounds that hit the spot.
Get More with ZEN-Core
VERSELAB uses Roland's most advanced sound engine -- the ZEN-Core Synthesis System. It's at the heart of our professional synthesizers and ensures top-notch sound quality. With Roland Cloud, you can expand the onboard library with thousands of new tones, including genre-specific Sound Packs to keep your music fresh.
Hands-On Music Making
Go beyond the mouse and keyboard with VERSELAB's inspiring RGB-lit pads and hands-on controls. Combining the TR-REC step sequencer found in legendary Roland drum machines with an ultra-responsive 4x4 pad matrix, you can bang out drum tracks, basslines, and melodic parts as fast as they come to you.
Plug and Play with Zenbeats
With expanding plug-and-play Zenbeats integration, you can connect VERSELAB to your computer, tablet, or smartphone for another level of production capability. Mix your VERSELAB songs or bounce tracks in Zenbeats, use plug-in instruments and effects, and much more via a simple USB connection.
Zenbeats integration available February 2021
Collab and Connect
VERSELAB is compact, portable, and can be powered by a mobile battery, so you can make tracks just about anywhere. Collaborate in person or remotely by sharing projects or tapping into the cloud storage features of Zenbeats. When your song is ready, mix and master directly from VERSELAB, then connect your mobile device and upload to your favorite music platform or social channels.
- ZEN-Core (Tone, Drum Kit)
- Tone, Drum Kit, Looper (Audio Loop)
- Zen-Core: 128 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)
- Looper: 8 (varies according to the available number of Looper tracks)
- Vocal Take: 16 (varies according to the vocal take size)
- 7 tracks and 1 vocal track
- 16 sections
- 16 takes
- Preset Tone: 3,000 or greater
- Preset Drum Kit: 80 or greater
- User Sample (as a Tone or Drum kit): available by importing from SD card
- Looper Sample (as a clip of Looper track): available by importing from SD card, recording via EXT IN/Tracks
- Available total time for User Sample and Vocal Take: 12 minutes in mono, 6 minutes in stereo (44.1 kHz)
- Available format of User Sample: WAV 32-- 96 kHz/16-bit, 24-bit (mono, stereo)
- Available total time for Looper Sample: Approx. 60 sec (44.1 kHz)
- Available format of Looper Sample: WAV 44.1kHz/16-bit, 24-bit, 32-bit, 32-bit float (mono, stereo)
- Track Multi-Effects: 90 types
- Track EQ
- Chorus/Delay: 9 types
- Reverb: 7 types
- Master Effects: 90 types
- Master Compressor
- Master EQ
- Maximum Step: 128 steps (available on a Tone or Drum Kit Track)
- Time Stretch, Pitch Shift (available on a Looper Track)
- 16 characters, 2 lines LCS (with backlit)
- SD card (SDHC supported) for saving Project Data and Audio Data
- PHONES jacks: Stereo 1/4" phone type, Stereo miniature phone type
- MIX OUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4" phone type
- EXT IN (L/MONO/MIC, R) jacks: 1/4" phone type
- MIC IN: XLR type (phantom power: +48 V, 10 mA Max.)
- MIDI (IN, OUT1) connectors
- USB Port: USB B type (Audio, MIDI)
- DC IN jack
- AC adaptor
- Obtained via USB Port (USB bus power)
- 2000 mA (AC Adaptor)
- 500 mA (USB bus power)
- 354mm W x 208mm D x 60mm H (13-15/16" x 8-3/16" x 2-3/8")
- Weight: 1.165 kg (2 lbs, 10 oz)
- Leaflet "Read Me First"
- AC adaptor
- SD card (installed in the product when shipped from the factory)
- SD card protector
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.