Add A Multipurpose Utility To Your Signal Chain With The Royer dBooster In-Line Signal Booster
The Royer model R-DB20 is a phantom-powered ribbon and dynamic microphone signal booster and impedance buffer. It increases the level of passive low-output ribbon and dynamic microphones with a minimum of distortion or coloration. Designed for professional applications, the dBooster provides two levels of clean gain boost; 12dB and 20dB, selectable by a front panel switch. The dBooster maintains headroom and gain regardless of load.
The Class A input circuitry presents a high source impedance to the microphone, which minimizes loading (damping). This reduces coloration and distortion while at the same time improving headroom.
By utilizing the 12/20dB gain switch, optimum balance between gain and headroom can be achieved for a variety of uses.
The low-impedance output of the dBooster is an increased microphone-level signal that can drive a digital interface directly or a standard microphone preamplifier. It also minimizes signal loss on long cable runs.
- Miking any low-volume sound source (acoustic instruments, vocals, etc.)
- Recording direct to a DAW interface
- Use on long cable runs to retain sound quality
- Safe for use on all ribbon mics
- Increases headroom at the preamp
- Provides true electrical isolation
- Protects ribbon mics from phantom-power
- Minimizes mic loading
- Capable of driving difficult loads, such as mic splitters and vintage style preamps, without increased distortion or loss of gain
- Gain:Â 12dB or 20dB switchable Â
- THD+N: @ 20dB Gain = .0015%, -25dBu input signal, 1.3Vp-p output signal; @ 12dB Gain = .001%, -6Bu input signal, 3.66Vp-p output signal
- IM Distortion: @ 20dB setting, < .002% @ 800mV output, @ 12dB setting, < .005% @ 2.6volts output
- Self-Noise: referred to -48dB re. 1V/pa, 20dB setting < 11dBa, 12dB setting < 15dBa
- Headroom: referred to -48dB re. 1V/pa and 4mV/pa, 20dB setting: 127dB, 12dB setting: 120dB
- Frequency response:Â 20Hz-20kHz +/- .25dB
- Input Impedance:Â 3.6K-Ohm
- Output Impedance:Â (at 20dB setting) 300-OhmsÂ
- Current draw: approximately 5ma at zero signal and 7.5ma at full output
- Input and output connections: Balanced XLR: (Pin 1 Ground, Pin 2 Signal Hot, Pin 3 Signal Cold)
- Power:Â 48-Volt phantomÂ
- Dimensions: 3.62â€ (92mm) L X 2.0â€ (51mm) W X 1.62â€ (41.3mm) W
- Weight:Â 6 oz (170g)
Manufacturer: ROYER LABS
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details