Get A Legendary Mic Pre, EQ, Compressor, And Texture Controls With The Rupert Neve Designs Portico II Channel
For recording and mixing engineers, the greatest challenge will always be to capture and transform disparate 2-D elements into an engrossing 3-D vision that elicits the same raw emotions and compelling vibrance as the live performance. With the Portico II Channel, every possible attention has been paid towards producing the most accurate, sweet-sounding audio topologies, while enabling engineers with the tools they need to boldly shape or fine tune tracks to the limits of their imaginations.
The Portico II Channel was created using the high voltage topologies from the 5088 to create a channel strip with the ultimate sound quality. Comprised of a fully-featured mic preamplifier, 4-band EQ, compressor-limiter, â€œtextureâ€ control and level metering, the Portico II Channel includes a bevy of new features including; Variable Silk with Texture control, a fully tunable â€œde-esserâ€, multiple VCA filtering and detection options, a transient-optimized swept HPF and parallel compression blending. With its simple yet powerful topologies and extensive feature set, every element of the Portico II: Channel is geared towards empowering recording artists to realize these visions.
- Texture: Continuously variable control for Silk and Silk+ modes allows the engineer to fine tune the harmonic ratio and tonality of the channel.
- Post Comp: Moves the EQ after the Compressor
- De-Esser: Tunable with the HMF EQ bandwidth reduction, the multi-variable De-Esser can be used to soften harsh sibilance in voices and instruments
- Blend: A parallel matrix providing continuously variable control to mix compressed and uncompressed signals
- FF/FB: Changes the VCA Detection from a forward feed design (fast, more accurate attack & release) to a feed back design (smoother, more musical response)
- RMS / Peak: Overrides the attack setting, using a combination of peak and RMS detection set below 1ms
- Side Chain Send/Return: External compressor side chain send and return on 2 x TRS jacks. The send is always active and normalled to the return (NOTE: If the send and return are connected to a patchbay, the send should be normalled or connected to the return by default, as the compressor will not trigger if the return has no signal)
- Meters: Dual 16 point peak meters display compressor (not de-esser) gain reduction and output levels
- High Pass Filter: Continuously variable from 20-250Hz
- HPF to Side Chain: Uses the HPF in the Compressor Side Chain
- Gain: Provides 66dB in 6dB steps
- Trim: Continuous +/- 6dB level contro
- Phase Inverts: Reverses the polarity of the signal
- Phantom Power: Selectable 48V for powering microphones
- DI: Discrete FET input for Hi-Z instruments
- Line Input: Selectable +4 balanced input
- LF EQ: +/-15dB adjustment at 35, 60, 100, and 220 Hz, independent LF engage, selectable classic bell or accelerated shelf curves
- LMF EQ: +/-15dB adjustment from 70 to 1.4KHz, with a continuous “Q” from .7 to 5., engaged with the MF switch.
- HMF EQ: +/-15dB adjustment from 700Hz to 14KHz, with a continuous “Q” from .7 to 5., engaged with the MF switch.
- HF EQ: +/-15dB adjustment at 4.7, 6.8, 12, and 25kHz, independent HF engage, selectable classic bell or accelerated shelf curves
- All EQ In: Enables all EQ Bands (Individual bands must still be engaged)
- Comp In: Engages Compressor section
Manufacturer: Rupert Neve Designs
Model: PORTICO II
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details