*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Go Direct In With Uncompromising Neve Quality - The Rupert Neve Designs RNDI Active Transformer Direct Interface
The RNDI’s signature sound is the product of new custom Rupert Neve-designed transformers and class-A biased, discrete FET amplifiers. The carefully orchestrated union of these two elements is key to the RNDI’s unique response, delivering a powerful and vibrant direct sound capable of reproducing the full harmonic depth of basses, guitars, acoustic instruments, and professional line-level sources. With portable, powerful, larger-than-life tone for your instrument and amplifier signals, the RNDI is truly the first standalone DI worthy of the Rupert Neve name.
The transformers provide superior passive isolation while adding musical harmonics and dimension to the sound. The low impedance, transformer balanced output excels at driving long cable runs, and performance is immensely consistent regardless of the connected equipment.
The class-A and discrete FET amplifier in the RNDI is powered by industry-standard 48V phantom power on the XLR connection and creates a very high impedance input of 2M Ohms that ensures consistent performance with a wide variety of instruments. The significance of the RNDI’s class-A design is that there is no crossover distortion added to the signal, which can add upper order odd harmonics to the sound that is musically dissonant in nature. With the RNDI, the overwhelming majority of harmonic content is 2nd order (octave) with some 3rd order present (a fifth above octave). These musically relevant harmonics – present in subtle amounts – actually add to the richness of the original signal.
- Groundbreaking Direct Tone: When class-A, discrete amplifiers meet Rupert’s custom transformers, good things happen to your tone
- Huge Headroom: The high input headroom of +21.5dBU is capable of handling professional, line-level sources without a pad – and in speaker mode, the RNDI can handle the full output of a 1000-watt power amplifier (92 Vrms or 266Vp-p)
- Rugged Solid-Steel Frame: The rugged steel chassis features an industrial-grade powder coating, and is built to withstand the severe stresses of life on the road
- Takes All Kinds: The RNDI has immensely consistent performance across a wide variety of sources due to its 2M Ohm discrete FET input and high headroom. You can confidently use the RNDI with basses, guitars, acoustic instruments, keyboards, and even professional line-level devices. In instrument mode, you can even connect a professional line level interface output to “Re-Preamp” a previously recorded source
- Drive Longer Lines: The low impedance transformer-coupled output – below 50 ohms – is capable of driving long lines with unrivaled high-frequency performance
- 1/4” THRU Output: In instrument mode, the THRU output can feed the amplifier input for reinforcement. In speaker mode, the THRU is used to feed the amplified signal to the speaker
- Best in Class Phase Coherence: Phase coherence is excellent at all frequencies, which keeps the sound well-balanced and natural, and is especially vital when blending the direct signal with a microphone capture of the same source
- Ground Lift: A ground lift switch is provided on the back to help fix any problematic grounding
- Phantom Powered: The RNDI is powered by standard 48V phantom power. Power is indicated by a blue LED on the front panel
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.