Get Astounding Versatility with the S.E. Shires TB-CHDB Chicago Model Trombone - Dual Bore
S.E. Shires fabricates its bells, tubing, and valve sections onsite in its Massachusetts factory to exacting standards. The valve components are tested thoroughly for accurate tolerances and perfect action at every stage of manufacture. Shires draws its own slide tubes to precise tolerances, assembling them without tension, and aligning them carefully to assure smooth, trouble-free action that is second to none. This handcrafted approach to instrument construction also ensures that the sound of every S.E. Shires trombone displays incredible depth, complexity and character—giving the player an unrivalled sonic palette with which to work.
The S.E. Shires Chicago model trombone was designed with the famed Chicago low brass sound in mind. The one-piece, gold-brass bell with a large TII taper produces a rich, broad, complex sound that allows for a wide range of colors at different dynamics. The lightweight nickel-silver handslide produces clear, brilliant articulations. With this instrument, S.E. Shires has created a trombone that plays with incredible stability, and produces a consistent timbre and even response throughout a wide spectrum of range and dynamic—an instrument that captures the best qualities of the Chicago low brass sound.
- CHI Bell: 8.5 inch, one piece, hand-hammered “TII” taper in balanced medium-weight gold brass with traditionally brazed seam and soldered bead
- S.E. Shires dual-bore F valve
- TX Tuning Slide: “X” Taper, drawn yellow brass
- TB47NLW Handslide: .547-inch bore, lightweight nickel silver, nickel-silver crook
- Three interchangeable yellow-brass leadpipes
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark and traditional floral patter
- Includes S.E. Shires tenor trombone case, mouthpiece, and care kit
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details