*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
The S.E. Shires Piccolo Trumpet in Bb & A offers superior intonation, accuracy, response, and ease of playing in the high register coupled with a rich, beautiful sound.
Agile enough to perform the most delicate solo and chamber music, it offers power enough to project through the largest ensembles. S.E. Shires Co. handcrafts its piccolo bells using the same artisanal processes employed in the manufacture of its larger bells, resulting in the same superior playing characteristics and richness of sound. The solid four-valve cluster with yellow-brass balusters adds stability to the playing feel of the instrument, as well as complexity and warmth to its sound. The unique, ergonomic placement of the fourth valve allows it to be played comfortably by either the right or the left hand. The instrument comes complete with four tunable leadpipe bits, allowing the player to perform in B or in A on either cornet- or trumpet-shank mouthpieces.
- Key : Bb/ A
- Bore: .450 inch
- 9 Y Bell: 4 inch, one-piece, hand-hammered, yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and unsoldered beadwire
- Four Interchangeable Lead Pipes: Bb cornet shank, Bb trumpet shank, A cornet shank, A trumpet shank
- Piston Material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve Cluster: four-piston, two-piece casings, standard weight, with brass balusters
- Lower Valve Caps: brass
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: silver plate
- Includes S.E. Shires piccolo trumpet case, cornet or trumpet shank mouthpiece, and care kit
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.