OUT OF STOCK BUT WE CAN GET IT
• Ship time varies by availability - C19 delays possible
• Order now to reserve yours ~ risk free
The RNR1 offers revolutionary performance, courtesy of a unique blend of discrete circuits and purpose designed, transformers from Mr. Rupert Neve, and the best capsules and chassis design that Siwei Zou and sE have to offer.
The RNR1 mic has all the qualities engineers love in the very best Ribbons … warm and silky lows and incredible depth and air to mid frequencies, but with a clarity and impact in high frequencies that reveals vital harmonic information normally missing.
For many decades ribbon mics have been used by engineers for their extremely natural sounding reproduction of source material. The nature of their performance differs greatly from condenser mics, which by comparison sound very 'up front' and lack the harmonic depth of a good ribbon.
Even at the high end of the market, the customary roll-off of almost all the top end frequencies has always been a major drawback. The frustration with all ribbons is - depending on the model - little or no performance past 7-10KHz, which is why condenser mics dominate the recording market.
The traditional appeal of the condenser then has been the assumption of consistent frequency response from 20Hz to 20KHz. Traditionally engineers using ribbons, however expensive, have had to accept their significant limitations or have had to augment the recording with a condenser mic to capture the high frequency absent from the ribbon output. The sE RNR1 is the world's first ribbon microphone that offers the same consistency of frequency response; from 20Hz right up to 25kHz whilst retaining the fullness and warmth you've come to love about ribbon mics.
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Electrodynamic pressure gradient with active electronics
- Generating Element: 2.5-micron aluminum ribbon
- Polar Pattern: Figure 8
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 25KHz
- Equivalent Noise Level: 15dB (A weighted)
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms balanced
- Rated Load Impedance: 1000 Ohms
- Max SPL: >135dB
- Connector: Male XLR 3 pin (Pin 2 Hot)
Manufacturer: SE ELECTRONICS
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA60237
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device