*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Get The Revolutionary Microphone Technology With The Shure RPW174 KSM8 Dualdyne Cardioid Dynamic Wireless Microphone Capsule - Black Finish
The Shure RPW174 is a KSM8 Dualdyne Replacement Capsule For Shure Wireless Microphone Systems
About the Shure KSM8
The New Shure KSM8 Dualdyne is groundbreaking. It is the first handheld dual-diaphragm microphone. The KSM8 can deliver world-class live performance vocals thanks to the meticulous craftsmanship.
The KSM8 features the purest cardioid polar pattern ever developed by Shure. The patented Dualdyne cartridge eliminates proximity effect, while helping to master off-axis rejection. The signal clarity rivals that of condenser microphones, but keeps the reliability and feedback rejection of a dynamic microphone.
- Patented cartridge design featuring two ultra-thin diaphragms (one active and one passive) and groundbreaking inverted airflow system
- Exceptional control of proximity effect vastly increases working distance without on-axis coloration
- Accurate frequency response due to controlled proximity effect which allows for neutral mid-and-high frequency reproduction, resulting in the most natural sounding dynamic microphone available
- Off-axis attenuation is flat and broad resulting in superior quality of rejection of unwanted sound sources for increased vocal clarity
- Neodymium magnet resides in a micro-injection mold of aerospace SoftMag material that maximizes the magnetic field for maximum output level
- The Dualdyne cartridge re-images the longstanding Shure Pumping Pneumatic Shock Mount design with an elaborate mathematical architecture of tuned cavities, specific resistances and precisely machined components that are fully integrated into the cartridge's acoustic properties. This results in exceptional rejection of handling noise without any loss of low frequency response
- Patent Pending Diaphragm Stabilization System (DSS) Technology protects and stabilizes the active diaphragm from unwanted excursion or rocking during plosives or impact, providing substantial protection against high frequency handling noise.
- Cutting-edge cartridge manufacturing methods utilize ultra-sonic and internal laser welding to provide best-in-class mechanical reliability
- Dent-resistant, hardened carbon-steel grille design lined with hydrophobic woven fabric provides exceptional plosive and wind protection, while offering virtually waterproof protection
- Aluminum handle with brushed nickel or black finish
- Cartridge Type: Dual-Diaphragm Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency Response: 40 to 16,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Output Impedance: 300 ohms
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage: -51.5 dBV/Pa (1.85 mV)
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Net Weight: 330 g (11.64 oz.)
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male
- Housing: Die-cast Aluminum with Paint or Brushed Nickel Finish
- Includes Zippered Case (AK8C) and Swivel Adapter (A25E)
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.