Mix 'hotter' without distortion using aÂ Solid State LogicÂ AWSÂ 948 48-Channel Analog Console
TheÂ Solid State LogicÂ AWS (Analogue Workstation System) Console reinvented the professional production console by combining classic SSL SuperAnalogueâ„¢ console technology with comprehensive DAW control hardware in a single work surface. TheÂ Solid State LogicÂ AWS Console is now used by leading international recording artists, producers and engineers and has shaped expectations for session workflow within today's and indeed tomorrows' production environments.
This Solid State Console is designed for mid-scale commercial recording and production facilities, theÂ Solid State LogicÂ AWS Console is available with 16 inputs (AWS 916), 24 inputs (AWS 924) or 48 inputs (AWS 948) within a compact 24 fader frame. The AWS 916 has 16 mic pre's, the AWS 924 and 948 have 24 mic pre's. TheÂ Solid State LogicÂ AWS 916 & 924 Console have mono channel strips and the AWS has stereo/dual mono channel strips that offer a second line level input per channel to provide 48 summing channels. All Solid State Console models deliver pristine SuperAnalogueâ„¢ summing, 24 ultra-clean SSL SuperAnalogue mic pre's, classic SSL dual curve EQ on every channel, two assignable SSL Dynamics channels, legendary Stereo Buss Compressor, TotalRecallâ„¢ and full 5.1 monitoring. In addition to on board classic SSL Automation, both models also feature SSL's A-FADA system where motorised analogue faders follow DAW Automation data.
TheÂ Solid State LogicÂ AWS Console also features Ethernet connectivity for streamlined hardware control over your entire Digital Audio Workstation environment. AWS delivers elegant, ergonomic physical control with dedicated heavy duty DAW transport, V-Pot multifunction encoders with position indicating LED's, Digital Scribble Strips, DAW fader mode, global and channel routing control and built-in TFT display for advanced plug-in editing. Project Session Management is kept simple through SSL's proprietary Logictivity interface.
The AWS is an SSL SuperAnalogueâ„¢ console, featuring the audio performance specifications that have established the benchmarks by which other manufacturers are measured. Exceptionally low THD, noise floor & crosstalk levels keep your audio absolutely pristine, while our legendary headroom carries every nuance of your audio and allows engineers to mix 'hotter' without distortion.
OCTOBER 2016 UPDATE
This year SSL introduces a trio of new features also aimed squarely at incorporating analogue processing into DAW based workflow. The AWS 948 is the stereo channel/in line channel variant of the AWS console range (unlike the AWS 916 and 924 the mono channel variants). This new console update includes two new channel features that make specific use of the 948 stereo channel technology so are not applicable to AWS 916/924 consoles and require new console hardware so are not compatible with existing AWS 948 consoles.
The first addition is Stereo Channel Output rear panel connections. These enable Stereo channel mode stem recording in a single pass and in place, post pan, stereo stem generation in In-Line channel mode. These additions are ideal for users who print analogue processed content back to their DAW for streamlined future project recall.
The second new feature is independent insert IN/OUT switching on In-Line channels via a new soft key in the small screen Chan Setup page.
- NEW! Stereo Channel Outputs privde post pan, stereo channel stem recording in a single pass (948 only)
- NEW! Independent insert IN/OUT switching on In-Line channels simplifies installation and expands the versatility of the Monitor path (948 only)
- NEW! Enhanced Small Screen Signal Flow graphics in the Chan Setup page dynamically displays processing order and IN/OUT status on Stereo and In-Line channels
- Combination of SuperAnalogue™ console and advanced DAW controller
- SSL SuperAnalogue™ mix bus provides pristine audio foundations
- SSL SuperAnalogue mic pre's provide transparent record path
- Innovative Dual Path Channel with three versatile operating modes (948 only)
- 48 inputs on AWS 948;
- IN-LINE TRACKING = 1 mic + 1 line inputs per channel
- IN-LINE MIX = 2 x mono line inputs per channel
- STEREO MIX = 1 x stereo line input per channel
- NEW! δelta-Control advanced integration of console and DAW automation. Read more
- AWSomation SSL motorised fader mix automation based on the heritage of G and K series Ultimation
- Versatile 4 band channel EQ, assignable Dynamics and SSL Master Bus Compressor
- 4-Band EQ design with independent E/G curve switching of HF/LF (Stereo on 948 only)
- 5.1 Surround monitoring and Monitor calibration including Bass management
- MIDI over Ethernet multi layer DAW workstation control
- Digital Scribble Strips for console and DAW data
- Elegant project setup via SSL Logictivity Remote Browser and SD card storage
- SSL's unique trademarked TOTAL RECALL™ system with 'TR Autoscan'
- Responsible 'green' manufacturing and reduced power consumption
- Compact 24 fader frame ideal for small control rooms
Manufacturer: Solid Stage Logic
Model: AWS 948 DELTA
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.