*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
The UC1 Universal Controller is the Perfect SSL Hardware for Your SSL Software
UC1 is a hardware plug-in controller like no other. Dedicated knob-per-function Channel EQ and Dynamics controls, centre section featuring full Bus Compressor controls and authentic moving-coil gain reduction meter combine to offer the most creative, intuitive, and ultimately effective way of controlling the new SSL Native Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 plug-ins within your DAW session.
SSL production tools are the benchmark for studio ergonomics and workflow. UC1 draws on decades of analogue and digital console design to develop an intelligent and deeply integrated SSL plug-in control surface that lets you focus on your production goals and not the process.
UC1’s layout of encoders, switches and colour groupings offer professional SSL console ergonomics seamlessly integrated with our most advanced Channel Strip and Bus Compressor plug-ins to date. Multiple parameters can be controlled simultaneously and precisely, equipping you with a production tool that nurtures muscle memory, provides unmatched sonic flexibility and inspires operator confidence. To expand your hybrid workflow further, accompany with UF8 Advanced DAW Controller.
Virtual SSL Console
At the heart of every UC1 system is the SSL 360° Plug-in Mixer, a place to view and control all of your Channel Strips and Bus Compressors in one place. The Plug-in Mixer offers a new and exciting way of interacting with the plug-ins, allowing you to adopt a true console-like approach to mixing in-the-box.
SSL Sound and Workflow
UC1 provides dedicated controls of all key Channel Strip 2 plug-in parameters. EQ, Filters, Compressor and Gate/Expander controls offer the same configuration and visual feedback as found on large-format SSL consoles, allowing you to quickly home in on your channel processing sweet spot.
Developed from our digital modelling of the renowned XL 9000K console, SSL Native Channel Strip 2 gives you everything you need to get that radio-ready, modern SSL sound in your DAW. SSL Native plug-ins are the only plug-ins designed by the team of SSL engineers at HQ in Oxford, with exclusive access to the original data sheets and specifications from which the consoles were made. For UC1, we decided to lift the lid once more on the original code, updating Channel Strip to include our proprietary anti-cramping algorithms, which prevent any form of phase and amplitude wrapping. The result, is quite simply the best sounding SSL Channel Strip ever - full of punch, free of distortion and ready for anything you throw at it.
At the heart of UC1 are the Bus Compressor controls that talk directly to SSL Native Bus Compressor 2. The authentic layout and metering feels like you’re controlling a hardware bus comp built into the centre section of an SSL console. With a classic moving-coil gain reduction meter as found on SSL consoles since the 1970’s, it represents the Bus Compressors time constants and gain reduction characteristics perfectly for producers and engineers to know exactly how it’s reacting with their instruments, sub groups and of course mix bus.
Move to Your Production Groove
Over the course of a session, workflow changes depending on the task in hand. We understand this and that’s why we made sure UC1 offers the tools, visual feedback and total synchronisation between hardware and software required to allow you to work the way you want at any given time. Get hands-on with the UC1 hardware, adjust parameters with the mouse in the individual plug-ins or immerse yourself in the Plug-in Mixer - changes are always synchronised across all software and hardware.
Production Speed, Processing Control, and Creative Agility
Every detail of UC1 has been implemented to keep you in control and informed of how your mix is reacting to processing. Dedicated front panel encoders accompanied by an on-board hi-res display allow you to move quickly between instances of Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 directly from the surface. You can also load presets, as well as alter the Channel Strip process order. All of this feedback and control means, unlike many other controllers, you don't have to look at your DAW when driving UC1.
- Legendary SSL workflow and console ergonomics meets the power of SSL Native Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 plug-ins
- Every UC1 purchase includes licenses for SSL Native Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 plug-ins
- Knob per-function control of SSL Native Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 plug-ins
- Authentic moving-coil Bus Compressor gain reduction meter, driven digitally from the SSL Native Bus Compressor plug-ins
- SSL Plug-in Mixer (hosted in SSL 360°) provides a place to view and control of your Channel Strips and Bus Compressors, all from one screen
- Muscle-memory operation and constant visual feedback via the smart LED rings
- UC1 display tells you which Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 plug-in UC1 is currently focused on
- UC1 display gives you a value readout of the control currently being turned
- Load Plug-in Presets and Channel Strip change routing directly from UC1
- Switch between 3 different DAWs that are connected to the Plug-in Mixer
- High Quality all metal enclosure, with a brushed anodised top plate
- Hi-Speed USB connection to computer
- Powered by SSL 360° Mac and PC software
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 11.8” x 10.5” x 2.4” / 300 x 266 x 61mm
- Weight: Unboxed- 4.6lbs / 2.1kg, Boxed- 9.9lbs / 4.5kg
- SSL 360°, SSL Native Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor SSL 360° software must be installed on your Mac or Windows computer in order to use SSL UC1. SSL 360° is available from the Downloads page
- Mac - 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina), 11 Big Sur (Intel), 11.3 Big Sur (M1) fully compatible
- PC - Windows 10 (64-bit)
- SSL Native Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 Plug-ins
- 64-Bit Hosts
- AAX Native, AU, VST3 and VST Plug-ins
- Software Licensing Requirements
- SSL User Account - to claim your plug-in licenses
- iLok Account - to authorise your plug-in licenses to
- Screen Resolution Requirements
- 1280 × 960
- Non Retina Macbook displays are not supported
- Computer Hardware Requirements
- Intel 3rd Gen Core i5 (or comparable AMD processor) CPU running at 2.4GHz or higher
- 8GB RAM or more is recommended
- Internet-connection for software updates from SSL 360° application
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.