*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Get An Illustrious Delay Pedal with the Strymon DIG Dual Digital Delay Pedal
DIG unearths the true soul of digital delay and doubles it - two simultaneous, integrated delays with the captivating rack delay voicings from the 1980s and today, for incredible expressive potential.
Effortlessly create your own world of intricate and synchronized echoes, along with hypnotic and atmospheric repeats that blur the line between delay and reverb. Stretch your sonic horizons with five musically satisfying rhythmic subdivisions and three dual delay routing options. Go from syncopated, pulsating delay patterns, to evocative, spaced-out echo trails all in a compact, pedalboard-friendly format.
Rack to the Future
Rack-mount digital delays of the '80s ushered in a new era of audio effects. The innovative electronic designs generated the cleanest delays yet to be heard but also created their own special and intriguing sonic characteristics. Thirty-plus years later, these sounds remain as distinctive and inspiring as ever.
Our thorough investigation of digital delay technology reveals the unique personalities that these delays possess. Delve into DIG’s three digital delay voicings: the early ’80s adaptive delta modulation mode, the mid-'80s 12-bit pulse code modulation mode, and the modern high-resolution 24/96 mode.
Multiply these distinct voicings by two and get DIG - your perfect dual delay ally.
Two Simultaneous, Integrated Delays
DELAY 1 – The Master Delay.
Free-running delay time allows you to easily dial in delays from 20ms to 1.6s with the Time knob or Tap Tempo switch. Longer delay times lend themselves to more ambient soundscapes while doubling and slapback effects can be achieved at short delay times.
DELAY 2 – The Companion Delay.
Set the ratio between the two delays with one of five rhythmic subdivisions: triplet, eighth note, dotted eighth note, dotted quarter note, and the golden ratio. Don't want synchronization? Engage Free Mode to disable subdivisions and allow Delay 2 to be its own independent, free-running delay. Dial-in short delay times for chorus/flange sounds to run alongside Delay 1.
Series, Parallel, Ping Pong
Set up your two delays in one of three configurations. Series is like setting up pedals in a chain on your board, feeding Delay 2 into Delay 1. Parallel will orient your delay lines so that they remain independent - Delay 1 in the left channel and Delay 2 in the right channel. With Ping Pong, each delay acts as a ping pong delay, interacting together when both Mix knobs are turned up.
Don’t want your delays to be synchronized? Free Mode disables time sync and subdivisions between Delay 1 and Delay 2, giving the Time 2 knob a full delay range from 20ms to 1.6s
Holding down the TAP footswitch enables circular repeats, where both delay lines maintain a static volume and repeat continuously until the TAP footswitch is disengaged. At this point, all previous settings will be restored.
Input allows for the connection of either an expression pedal, external tap, or Favorite switch. Plug in an expression pedal and control any one knob with your foot. Plug in an external tap pedal to remotely tap in your tempos. Plug in a Favorite switch to save and recall a favorite preset.
TRS Stereo Input
We know that there are some out there that like to run stereo rigs. This is why we’ve added the option of running the input of your DIG in stereo. Flip a jumper inside your pedal, use a TRS splitter cable, and now you’ve got yourself a stereo input.
- Two simultaneous, integrated delays, with unique digital rack delay voicings
- Five dual delay adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Time, Time 2, Mix, Mix 2, Repeats
- One modern and two classic digital delay voicings: 24/96, adm, 12 bit
- Five rhythmic subdivisions: Triplet, Eighth, Golden Ratio, Dotted Eighth, Dotted Quarter
- Three choices for delay line modulation: Off, Light, Deep
- Five "hidden" knobs for deep dual delay control: Delay 1 Subdivision, Sync/Free Mode, Filter, Config, Delay 2 Repeats
- Selectable Free Mode disables subdivisions and synchronization
- Press and hold Circular Repeats effect
- 20ms - 1.6s delay range (40ms - 3.2s with Half Note Delay 1 Subdivision)
Ins, Outs, Switches
- High impedance mono input, with selectable TRS stereo input
- Stereo output
- Three signal routing configurations: Series, Parallel, Ping Pong
- Tap tempo and Bypass footswitches
- Expression pedal input allows the connection of either an expression pedal (for selectable control over any knob parameter), external tap pedal (for remote control of tempo), or Favorite switch (to save a Favorite preset)
- Super low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- 115db typical signal to noise
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- +8dBu maximum input level easily handles instrument and line signals
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high-performance SHARC DSP in a compact form factor
- 32-bit floating-point processing
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Selectable Trails Mode with high quality, transparent Analog Buffered Bypass mode
- 9V center negative DC power supply included - 250mA current draw
- Strong and lightweight anodized carnation pink chassis
- Designed and built in the USA
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.