Launch Yourself Into Ethereal Space Soundscapes With The Strymon Magneto Four Head dTape Echo and Looper Eurorack Module
Create expansive soundscapes and evolving, otherworldly tones. Add layers upon layers of harmonic and rhythmic complexity within an enveloping stereo field. Infuse your rack with vintage warmth and retrofuturistic soul.
Tape Delay, Looper, And More
Packed with powerful features while maintaining intuitive playability, Magneto is a stereo multi-head tape delay that also functions as a looper, phrase sampler, vintage spring reverb unit, phase-aligned clock multiplier, chaotic oscillator, zero latency sub-oscillator, and more, with extensive CV I/O.
Transform Your Modular
Turn simple monophonic signals into complex orchestrations. Create new oscillator tones using self-oscillation. Add rich stereo dimension to your sound, and enjoy the inherent warmth and sweet, subtle distortion characteristics of magnetic tape. Magneto transforms even the smallest rack into a fully expressive, immersive instrument.
To capture the full experience and complexity of a vintage tape echo machine, every last tape system attribute was relentlessly studied and faithfully recreated. From the sought-after natural saturation and soft clipping of magnetic tape when driven hard, to hands-on real-time controls for tape age, tape crinkle, and mechanical wow and flutter, Magneto delivers a rich multi-head delay experience that adds life and vibe to your sound.
Play It Like An Instrument
Every function, control, gain stage, and signal path component in Magneto works together to respond musically and smoothly, even during the wildest live modular improvisations. All this is combined with a luxurious spring reverb to take the sound of your modular setup to a new level, and your sonic explorations into far-out territories.
Completely Analog Dry Path
In a typical digital effect, the dry signal gets converted to digital, causing conversion noise and latency. Signals are often attenuated before combining digital dry and wet, with makeup gain amplifying the conversion noise. To avoid this terrifying scenario, we've equipped Magneto with a completely analog dry path. Why go to all this trouble? Because the improvements in dynamic range and reduction in noise are so dramatic.
Insanely Powerful DSP
We've outfitted Magneto with the incredibly powerful Analog Devices SHARC ADSP-21369 processor, which provides a 366 MHz core instruction rate, and an incredible 2.4 Gigaflops of peak performance. Thanks to this high-powered technology platform within Magneto, we had the freedom to craft our processor-intense tape echo algorithms without compromise.
- Tape-voiced delay machine with four playback heads and one record head
- Processor-intense dTape algorithm delivers meticulously nuanced recreations of vintage tape echo systems
- Three operational modes: Echo, Sound On Sound Looper, Phrase Sampler
- Varispeed algorithm with dynamic machine mechanics, 8:1 speed range
- Input record level for clean reproduction to warm, fat saturation
- Self-oscillating for tone generation
- Independent Spring Reverb
- Dedicated control over tape mechanics, machine health, and tone: Low Cut, Tape Age, Crinkle, Wow and Flutter
- Transport controls (buttons and CV inputs) for real-time performance options
- Individual Playback Head Level controls
- Individual head Feedback assignment independent of playback level
- Three stereo head panning options, including user-defined custom panning
- Phase aligned clock out (CLK OUT) CVs synched with clock in (CLK IN) CV
- Maximum Delay/Loop Time: 15 seconds at maximum Speed, two minutes at minimum Speed
- Minimum Delay Time: 200 microseconds at maximum speed
- Clock In CV Range: 50ms - 15s
- TAP Button Range: 50ms - 15s
- TAP CV Range: 10ms - 15s
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- Super high-performance SHARC DSP
- 114db typical signal to noise
- Sampling Rate: 96kHz
- Audio Input Impedance: 22 kOhm
- Maximum Audio Input Level: 20 Vpp
- Audio Output Impedance: 1 kOhm
- Maximum Audio Output Level: 20 Vpp
- +12V rail: 210mA
- -12V rail: 210mA
- +5V rail: 0mA
- Eurorack power cable included
- Rack Width: 28hp
- Rack Depth: 41mm, 1.61"
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.