*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Go Where None Have Gone Before With The Strymon Night Sky Time-Warped Reverberator Guitar Pedal
Create vast soundscapes with just a few notes from your instrument. Apply mind-bending pitch and harmonic manipulation to your reverb tails, with synth-like filter sweeps. Enter a world of new sounds that blow away the boundaries of what is possible with reverb - with pioneers and adventurous sonic explorers in mind, Strymon created a reverb pedal that can go where none have gone before...
Reverberant Synthesis Machine
NightSky is a reverberant synthesis workstation, and a powerful, hands-on experimental sound design platform with real-time continuous control of reverb pitch/processing rate/core size, harmonics, and even a synth-like resonant filter with multiple modulation waveshapes, plus a step sequencer with variable glide. You haven’t heard a pedal like this before.
NightSky achieves some of its most mind-bending sounds by using a Variable Process Rate for its reverb core, allowing you to simultaneously change the size of the reverb as well as the pitch. This pitch change can be completely smooth or quantized to a variety of musical scales. And it can be sequenced.
Harmonic Sculpture Machine
Use Shimmer to shift the harmonic structure by selectable musical intervals. Add Glimmer to dynamically enhance the harmonic spectrum. Turn up Drive to generate saturated overdriven harmonics. Then sculpt the resulting signal with NightSky’s synth-like variable-resonance low pass filter.
Challenging The Conventions
The NightSky project evolved from a desire to push the envelope and challenge the conventions of traditional reverb while also paying homage to the experimental reverberant sounds from decades past. Strymon started with utilizing a variable rate core, then complemented that by adding a full-featured modulation section, a 4-pole resonant filter, and a unique Voice section to control the reverb’s harmonic structure.
- Three selectable reverb types offer a wide variety of ambient textures
- MOD section with various waveforms to modulate the reverb or tone filters
- TONE section to sculpt the high and low EQ of the reverb
- VOICE section to enhance the aural spectrum of the reverb
- Adjustable SHIMMER for adding pitch shifting of up to +/- 1 octave to the reverb
- GLIMMER dynamically enhances high or low-frequency harmonics for synth-like textures
- Pre or Post DRIVE to add saturated overdriven harmonics to the reverb
- Adjustable reverb core size to increase or decrease the space for reflections
- Independent REVERB and DRY level controls
- Step sequencer for programming rhythmic pitch variations of the reverb
- Access to 16 presets from the front panel and 300 presets via MIDI
Ins, Outs, and Switches
- High impedance ultra low-noise discrete Class-A JFET preamp stereo inputs
- Low impedance stereo outputs
- Input Level switch allows for both instrument and line-level signals
- On, Favorite, and Infinite footswitches
- Expression pedal input allows the connection of an expression pedal, MultiSwitch Plus, or 1/4” to MIDI cable
- Full-featured MIDI in/out supporting MIDI CCs, program changes, MIDI clock sync, and more
- USB jack for controlling via MIDI from a computer or for performing firmware updates
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- Premium JFET analog front end
- Ultra-low noise, high-performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters provide uncompromising audio quality
- Super high-performance SHARC DSP
- 32-bit floating-point processing
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- Audio Input Impedance: 1M Ohm
- Audio Output Impedance: 100 Ohm
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching) or selectable transparent Analog Buffered Bypass
- Strong and lightweight anodized dark blue aluminum chassis
- 9V DC power supply included
- Power requirements: maximum 9 volts DC center-negative, with a minimum of 300mA of current
- 4.5″ deep x 7″ wide x 1.75″ tall
- 114.3 mm deep x 177.3 mm wide x 44.5 mm tall
- Designed and built in the USA
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.