Combining Symetrix Prism and Dante for the Fastest Way to Networked Dsps and Accessories
Flexible IO Combinations.
The prism family scales from the smallest 4×4 to the largest 16×16, providing the perfect amount of class leading Symetrix quality IO for any installation.
Dante™ in Our DNA.
Prism DSPs are equipped with optional factory installed 128 (64×64) Dante channels. The Dante protocol enables ultra-reliable multi-channel audio networking over IP. Together, Symetrix and Dante provide the fastest possible way to implement, control, and maintain a system of networked DSPs and accessories – including third party Dante-enabled microphones, loudspeakers, power amps, and mixing consoles. Models without Dante provide even more accessible DSP pricing for smaller systems.
A Prism system’s analog input and output count may be increased using Symetrix Dante-enabled xIn 4, xIO 4×4, xOut 4, xIn 12, and xOut 12 analog I/O expanders.
Unlimited Programming Flexibility.
Prism is programmed using Composer – Symetrix’ award winning open-architecture CAD application. Unique to Composer is the ability to natively configure Symetrix and select third party Dante hardware – thereby eliminating the confusion of multiple or redundant software applications. Learn more about Composer here.
Control Made Easy.
Multiple control options include low-cost Symetrix ARC wall panels and an easy to generate SymVue Windows virtual GUI. The human readable Composer Control Protocol supports programming of third-party touch screens and control devices.
An Embedded Web Server for Status and Even More Control.
Prism’s embedded web server displays I/O levels, diagnostics data, and hosts ARC-WEB – a browser-based interface for smart phones, tablets, and computers.
Form, Fit and Function.
Prism 8×8, 12×12 and 16×16 have been designed using standard 19” x 1U enclosures. For convenient point-of-use or rack mounting, Prism 4×4 features 1/2 rack 1U form factor. (Surface and rack mount kits sold separately.)
- DSP Price / Performance Breakthrough
- 4×4, 8×8, 12×12, and 16×16 models
- Optional 128 Channel (64×64) Dante™
- DSP Processing Identical to Radius / Edge / Solus NX
- Delay Memory Identical to Radius / Edge / Solus NX
- Number of Inputs: Sixteen (16) switchable balanced mic or line level.
- Connectors: 3.81 mm terminal blocks.
- Nominal Input Level: +4 dBu.
- Maximum Input Level: +23 dBu.
- Mic Pre-amp gain: 0, 12, 24, 44 or 54 dB switchable with ± 24 dB trim.
- Mic Pre-amp EIN: < -125dB with 150 ohm source impedance. 22.4 kHz BW.
- CMRR: > 79 dB @ 1 kHz, unity gain.
- Input impedance: 8k Ohms balanced, 4k Ohms unbalanced.
- Phantom power (per input): +48 VDC, 10 mA maximum.
- Dynamic range: > 113 dB, A-weighted.
- THD+Noise: < -100 dB; 22.4 kHz BW, unweighted; 1 kHz @ +15 dBu with 0 dB gain. Course gain is set to +4dBu.
- A to D Latency: 0.28 mS.
- Space Required: 1U (WDH: 18.91 in. x 9.5 in. x 1.72 in. / 48.02 cm x 24.13 cm x 4.37 cm). Depth does not include connector allowance. Allow at least 3 inch additional clearance for rear panel connections. Additional depth may be required depending upon your specific wiring and connections.
- Electrical: 24V 2.3A, 56W Maximum. Symetrix Part Number 12-0034. CUI part number SDI65-24-U-P5.
- Ventilation: Maximum recommended ambient operating temperature is 30 C / 86 F. Ensure that the left and right equipment sides are unobstructed (5.08 cm, 2 in minimum clearance). The ventilation should not be impeded by covering the ventilation openings with items such as newspapers, tablecloths, curtains, etc.
- Certifications or Compliance: Safety: UL 60065, cUL 60065, IEC 60065. EMC: “Class A” device (applies to all of the following) EN 55032, EN 55103-2, EN 61000-3-2, EN 61000-3-3, FCC Part 15, ICES-003 Environmental: RoHS.
- Shipping Weight: 9.5 lbs. (4.31 kg)
- Number of Outputs: Sixteen (16) balanced line level.
- Connectors: 3.81 mm terminal blocks.
- Nominal Output Level: +4 dBu with 20 dB of headroom.
- Maximum Output Level: +24 dBu (+22.8 dBu into a 2k Ohm minimum load).
- Output Impedance: 300 Ohms balanced, 150 Ohms unbalanced.
- Dynamic Range: > 117 dB, A-weighted.
- THD+Noise: < -97 dB; 22.4 kHz BW, unweighted; 1 kHz, 0 dB gain +8dBu output.
- D to A Latency: 0.60 mS
- Sampling Rate: 48 kHz.
- Frequency Response (A/D/A): 20 Hz – 20 kHz, ± 0.5 dB.
- Dynamic Range (A/D/A): > 113 dB, A-weighted.
- Channel Separation (A/D/A): > 110 dB @ 1 kHz, +24 dBu.
- THD+Noise: <-95 dB (22.4 kHz BW, un-weighted); 1 kHz @ +15 dBu with 0 dB gain.
- Latency (A/D/A): 1.04 mS, inputs routed to outputs.
- Processors: 1 x Analog Devices SHARC 21489 @ 400 MHz SIMD.
- Raw Processing Capacity: 400 MIPS, 1.6 GFLOPS.
- Delay Memory: 174 mono seconds.
- Analog control inputs: 0-3.3 VDC.
- Recommended External Control Potentiometer: 10k Ohm, linear.
- Logic Outputs: Low (0V) when active, pulled high (5V) when inactive.
- Logic Output Maximum External Power Supply Voltage: 24 VDC.
- Logic Output Maximum External Power Supply Current Sinking: 50 mA.
- Logic Output Maximum Output Current: 10 mA.
- RS-485 Serial I/O: 38.4 kbaud (default) 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity, no flow control. May be broken out of ARC port.
- Ethernet Cable: Standard CAT5e or CAT6, maximum device-to-device length = 100 meters.
- Dante Cable: Standard CAT6, maximum device-to-device length = 100 meters.
- ARC Cable: Standard CAT5, distance dependent upon load and number of devices. 8 Watts maximum power available.
- Maximum Devices Per System: 80 units per Site File.
- Maximum Stored Presets: 1000
- Models: Prism 16x16, Prism 16x16 Dante
Model: PRISM 16X16 DANTE
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.