Safely Secure All Of Your Synergy Amp Modules With TheÂ Synergy Amps SYN1 Preamp
Unlock the full potential of your Synergy preamp modules with the convenient and powerful SYN-1 Single Module Tube Preamp. The SYN-1 is a roadworthy, professional housing that is compatible with any of Synergy's interchangeable preamp modules. Want to change your sound? Simply slide in a different Synergy preamp module and you can access a whole new array of boutique amp tones.
The SYN-1 provides a powerful, flexible gateway to boutique tone in several different ways. Using the SYN-1 loaded with a Synergy module you can:
Go direct out (XLR or 1/4") into a recording console, concert venue mixer or powered monitor OR Add two new "boutique" channels to your current amp via the series effects loop
Run from the direct out of the Synergy into your current ampâ€™s input if there is no effects loop (This method does NOT bypass your preamp, and only gives you the 2 channels of your Synergy module)
- By taking advantage of the SYN-1's direct recording and performance capabilities, you'll send the real sound and feel of some of the world's most iconic tube amplifiers right to your track or front-of-house. This is true tube-driven tone, not a digital emulation. The SYN-1's direct XLR output boasts a cabinet simulation that is second to none, offering you a studio-grade tone that is as effortless to attain as hooking up an XLR cable. Do you have your own impulse response that you'd rather use? No problem. Simply bypass the cab sim on the back of the unit. And to further dial in your tube-amp experience, we worked hand in hand with legendary amp designer, Steven Fryette to outfit the SYN-1 with a front-mounted Sag control, supplying you with the feel and response that only a great tube amp can give.
- Intuitive and fast way to record great tube tone
- Balanced XLR output offers cab simulation with bypass
- Licensed Fryette Sag control lets you dial in the preamp's feel and response
- Onboard effects loop for use with your rack and floor-based effects
- Ground lift eliminates unwanted signal noise
TURN ANY AMP INTO A "BOUTIQUE" TONE MACHINE
- By hooking the SYN-1 to your amp's series effects loop with a straightforward 3-cable method, you're able to footswitch between the two channels on your Synergy preamp module and your amp's built in channel(s). By clicking 'bypass' on the footswitch, you've now bypassed the amplifier's preamp, giving complete tonal control to the SYN-1, and can switch between the two channels of the module. With the simple swap of a module you can turn any amp into a Diezel VH4, Friedman BE, Morgan AC40, or any other of the top-tier amps recreated in the Synergy line. Because each Synergy module boasts two footswitchable channels, and an effects loop, you can effortlessly call up new tones on the fly. Best of all, with the SYN-1's onboard effects loop, you still have the ability to run your favorite rack and stompbox effects before or after the preamp section.
- You might ask, "but my amp doesnâ€™t have a series effects loopâ€¦ can I still use the Syn1?" The answer is YES! You would simply use the 1/4" direct out into the input of your amp. However, this method will only allow the use of the 2 channels on the Synergy module, and will not bypass the preamp of your existing ampâ€¦ but it WILL give you two boutique amp channels!
- Harness the tones of top-tier amp builders through any series effects loop equipped amplifier
- Instantly replace any amp's preamp section with an upgraded, tube-driven module of your choice, or switch between your amp's preamp and the Syn1.
- Offers convenient and consistent tube tone for players relying on rental gear
- Add two additional channels to any series effects loop equipped amp
- Channels are easily footswitchable
- Select between your module's channels and your amp's internal tone on the fly
- Dimensions: 9.75"(L) x 8.5"(W) x 3.25"(H)
- Weight: 7 lbs.
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.