Experience Tannoy's Dual Concentric Driver Technology With The Tannoy GOLD 8 8" Powered Studio Monitor
Whether youâ€™re recording, editing, mixing, or mastering audio, a truly great studio reference monitor design needs to provide the most accurate, uncolored representation of your music as possible. Tannoy Gold nearfield reference monitors have been created to serve the demanding needs of professionals in recording, broadcast and post-production environments. Engineered to the highest standards and build quality, The GOLD 8 will impress you whether youâ€™re a seasoned Tannoy user or just taking your first step up to a monitor system based on the legendary Dual Concentric driver.
Times may have changed, but Tannoy's engineering values and commitment to perfection have not. Everything they do today is judged against their considerable achievements of the past as they continue to advance the art and science of building the worldâ€™s premier reference monitors. Constant refinement of their famed Dual Concentric driver, advanced Klippel analysis and a host of other technologies ensure that with every new product comes another historic chapter. Thanks to the integrated design, the speakers and the amplifiers are designed as one. Breathtaking yesterday; equally breathtaking today...
Tannoy Dual Concentric
At the heart of the GOLD 8â€™s superb performance you will find an all-new iteration of our legendary and exclusive Tannoy Dual Concentric Driver Technology. With seven decades of refinement behind it, the Dual Concentric driver represents a near-perfect point source, preserving the tonal character and harmonic structure of program material as no discrete-driver system can. The benefits are immediately obvious with flat response, controlled dispersion and a wider sweet-spot in both the horizontal and vertical planes.
Point Source Tulip Waveguide
In nature, all sounds emanate from a single point in space. By centrally-locating the high frequency unit of the Dual Concentric configuration, GOLD 8 acoustically replicates the single point sound source, delivering exceptionally natural performance with an incredibly wide imaging â€œsweet-spotâ€. Delivery is further enhanced by the implementation of a highly-innovative point source Tulip Waveguide with symmetrical dispersion, which provides a broad soundstage with remarkably focused and accurate stereo imaging.
Features & Specifications
- Premium 300 Watt bi-amped nearfield studio reference monitor for accurate sound reproduction with outstanding definition
- Ultra precise and neutral soundstage delivers non-fatiguing sound for extended listening sessions
- Legendary Tannoy Dual Concentric driver technology provides class-leading phase coherence and point-source imaging
- Front-firing bass port design allows for near-wall placement and ensures optimal low frequency performance
- Next generation 8â€ Dual Concentric driver secures unrivalled musical articulation and outstanding dynamics
- 1" titanium tweeter with Tulip waveguide produces detailed stereo image with widened â€œsweet spotâ€
- Class-AB system with transducer-matched LF and HF bi-amplification for accurate dynamics
- Continually-active XLR and TRS phone jack inputs let you connect up to 2 audio sources
- Dedicated input trim, bass and treble controls let you optimize the audio for your listening conditions
- Selectable automatic standby mode conserves energy
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
- Speakers sold individually, not in pairs
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA94397
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device