*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Get One Of The Most Unique And Advanced Synths On The Market With The Teenage Engineering OP-Z Multi-purpose Dream Machine Synthesizer
It's been over six years since teenage engineering released OP-1, the revolutionary portable all-in-one synthesizer which has now become an icon in the music industry. To be honest, many were skeptical at launch, labelling it as a toy and not a real synthesizer because of its color coded knobs, its creative user interface, and for some it was just because of its size a synthesizer has to be big to sound big right?
Today, with the introduction of the all new OP-Z, we will push the boundaries even further. This time the machine is so small we guarantee it will upset you. It's about half the size of OP-1, but comes with more DSP power that consumes less energy so now you can fly the Atlantic 4 times back and forth, sequencing complete songs on 16 dedicated tracks before you run out of power. When ready to land, just slide it in your inner pocket.
Compose with Components
Centered around an advanced 16-track sequencer where all tracks run independently, OP-Z makes individual track speed and track length possible.
In addition to this it's possible to add unique step behaviours to every one of the 16 steps: a feature they call step components. Think of this as dual layer sequencing where the first layer is a traditional 16 step sequencer, while the second layer adds variation per cycle, note variation, micro sequencing, direction, parameter changes, re-trig's and much more, all on just one single step.
All 14 components have 10 values and behaviour programs. The product of all this is that you have 140 ways to alter just one single step. Probably more than most people can handle. And to make step composing really intuitive and super fast, all keys are backlit with multi-color leds with instant machine feedback, a must-have for poorly lit club gigs and late-night-in-bed composing. Actually, the print on the unit itself is made with a special glow-in-the dark-paint. A pretty cool world's first for synthesizers.
Bring your Own Screen
OP-Z is a completely stand-alone synthesizer and composer, ready to to be used at anytime and anywhere, but for those of you who need that extra injection of vibrant graphics, interactive user interface and awesome synced animations to feel inspired, they have introduce the concept of BYOS - bring your own screen. You already have the phone with that gorgeous retina display in your pocket, right?
Just download the OP-Z app, pair the two devices and you are all set. Add cellular connectivity, wifi and powerful graphics processing to that and the concept certainly makes sense. All this tech when connected to the OP-Z adds several unique features. Like using the phone's camera, snapping a series of photos and arranging them to a beat, creating a synchronised music video a-la-minute. They support Dropbox on iOS as well, so transfer of your custom artwork on to your iOS device will be instant and without cables. To eliminate any latency between image and sound, we ported the op-z sound engine to run simultaneously on your ios device. Something Teenage Engineering call dual domain synthesis.
Full Unity 3D Integration
Teenage Engineering have worked closely with Keijiro Takahashi and the Unity Tokyo studio to fully integrate OP-Z with the Unity game engine. As Keijiro-san is both a full time software evangelist at Unity and a renowned VJ at night, we have had access to a selection of keijiro-san's personally.
Developed tools and shaders which deliver stunning 3D graphics that run at full speed on iPhone or iPad. Keijiro-san's tool-set and real life experience in performances with motion graphics have been invaluable in making OP-Z, an inspiring live tool for moving images in sync with music.
- Snap a series of photos and sequence them to a beat. compose a song and create a completely synchronised music video a-la-minute. The included photomatic feature is just pure instant fun.
- By adding any artwork or a photo to your iOS device camera roll or to a Dropbox folder, you can create high quality custom graphics, patterns, color palettes or stop motion videos. anything can be animated in pace with your music.
Create your Own World
- OP-Z is tailor made for unity 3D, the world's most popular multi-platform game engine. chosen because of its intuitive workflow and excellent VR support. A dedicated OP-Z toolkit for unity will be available at launch that opens up the entire machine.
Sequencing - advanced multi-speed 16-track sequencer.
- step component composing
- endless sequencing steps
- track independent length
- track independent speed
- parameter locks
- step recording
- live recording
- midi, cv and trig track sequencing
- image and 3D graphics sequencing
- DMX light sequencing
Instrument Tracks - 16 individual and independent synthesis, sampler and control tracks.
- FX slot 1
- FX slot 2
- cv and trig
- 160 user programmable patterns endless patterns chaining
- Upgradeable modular effects architecture
- Included effects: delay, reverb, filters, tremolo etc.
- 14 multi-program step components for advanced step sequencing.
- When paired or connected to an ios device, the ios device will act as a screen for OP-Z
- OP-Z ios app will be free to download from app store.
- Compatible with any ios device that is apple metal graphics specified
Dual Domain Synthesis
- Dual domain synthesis for extreme low latency performance
- analog devices blackfin 70X DSP
- cirrus logic audio co-processor
- 1250 MMACS
- 48kHz 24-bit DAC
- 122 dB SNR
- 6 axis motion sensor (g-force) assignable to any synthesizer parameter
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE
- 2 years stand-by time
- USB type C
- 3.5 mm 4-pole jack
- 2 octaves of musical keys
- 51 mechanical keys in total
- pressure sensitive pitch bend
- 4 x multi purpose color coded high resolution encoders
- volume knob/on switch
- pairing button
- 53 led indicators
- Integrated MEMS microphone
- Ultra rigid engineering plastic housing
- IXEF 1022 PARA + 50% glassfiber
Unique Enoder Design
- Teenage Engineering designed floating ball bearing hall sensor encoders for minimal stacking height and wear
- L: 212.5 mm
- H: 57.5 mm
- D: 10 mm
- + 5 mm length for volume knob
Included in Package
- USB type C to USB A for charging and control.
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.