BLOW YOUR AUDIENCE AWAY WITH THE THEO WANNE AMBIKA 3 TENOR SAXOPHONE MOUTHPIECE - METAL, SIZE 7
The AMBIKA 3 Tenor Mouthpiece is our darkest mouthpiece. It has a deep, hauntingly gorgeous tone that only poetry can describe.
The AMBIKA 3 has a full-bodied sound reminiscent of the vintage 1940’s mouthpieces, but with much-improved projection, ease of play, and dynamics.
The Shark Gill Baffle™ works on the physics principle of ‘boundary layer effect’ pulling the airstream closer to the floor. This allows one to ‘fill’ the mouthpiece more, resulting in increased dynamics. The True Large Chamber is far more accurately produced than any other vintage and new mouthpieces due to our superior machining, which means the design is EXACTLY what Theo intended it to be, not just an approximation.
The Metal AMBIKA is plated with 24K gold with Vintified Ligature. The Hard Rubber AMBIKA uses real vintage style hard rubber just like the vintage mouthpieces of the 1940s-50s, and its new thin body allows the premium hard rubber to fully resonate, giving quite a fantastic sound. If you like the vintage sound, you will love the AMBIKA. The AMBIKA 3 has an even bigger, fuller sound than the AMBIKA 1 or 2, and greatly increased dynamics and sense of expression.
“The AMBIKA is WAY beyond the vintage mouthpieces. I was playing a vintage link for 20 years, but no more!” – Pat Rizzo (WAR, Sly and the Family Stone, Frank Sinatra)
“The AMBIKA is the only mouthpiece I’ll now use! I can approximate an ol’ school Coleman Hawkins/ Sam Butera sound AND a modern Michael Brecker/ Lenny Pickett sound by just by adjusting my embouchure.” – Karl Hunter (Big Bad Voodoo Daddy)
- Built to outplay Theo’s very best Vintage New York Tone Master and Master Link Otto Link. Theo succeeded
- A deep and haunting sound best left to poetry. Hauntingly dark
- Revolutionary in improving upon the true vintage sound
- Revolutionary Extra Large True Large Chamber, NO baffle, and rounded inner sidewalls.
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces.
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces.
- Case: Beautiful Leatherette Case
- Finish: Reticulated 24K Gold with highlights on the logo (standard)
- Serial Number: Includes a specific serial number showing care given to your mouthpiece
- Premium Hard Rubber: The Hard Rubber AMBIKA uses the finest vintage style hard rubber on the planet
- Ligatures: The metal AMBIKA includes our integrated two-point contact 24K Gold Plated Liberty Ligature and Alive Gold pressure plate
- Cap: Reed Replacer Cap
- Bite Pad: Our User Replaceable Bite Pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.