BLOW YOUR AUDIENCE AWAY WITH THE THEO WANNE DURGA 4 ALTO SAXOPHONE MOUTHPIECE - METAL, SIZE 7
The DURGA 4 alto has a big, rich, and contemporary sound, but due to its unique chamber, it also plays amazing ballads.
Our feedback has been that the DURGA 4 does everything the DURGA 3 did, just better. Indeed this was our intention, as the DURGA Alto has become a true classic in the saxophone world and we didn’t want to change the base sound signature. By continued research & development, Theo has optimized the baffle and chamber to accept airflow better. You will get a much fuller, yet freer blowing, mouthpiece.
The DURGA has a step-baffle for power, but also deeply rounded inner side walls leading into our Inverted-Power-Ring™, giving it the full sound inherent in a True Large Chamber AND extra projection. This is why it can scream and be mellow depending on your mood.
The DURGA 4 alto is has been used on tour with Ringo Starr (Warren Ham) and Prince (Adrian Crutchfield) as well as by such Jazz Superstars as Nelson Rangell!
Theo is truly breaking new ground with this mouthpiece as little has been done with modern large chamber alto mouthpieces. This is partly why the DURGA alto is such a stand out in the market. There is nothing ‘vintage’ or modern like it. It is available in 24K gold plate and premium hard rubber! The DURGA 4 has evolved from the DURGA 1, 2, and 3 with far more core and body to the sound.
“Wow, is all I can say about this mouthpiece! It’s all I ever wanted in an alto mouthpiece.” – Warren Ham (Ringo Starr, Olivia Newton-John)
- Great for Jazz, R&B, and Rock & Roll
- Projects a sensual tone that is flirtatious and erotic. It makes everyone want to dance
- It is so unique; it really has to be played to be understood and believed
- Radical proprietary Inverted-Power-Ring and our True Large Chamber! Rounded inner side walls all the way to the tip. Uniquely shaped long step baffle
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces
- Case: Beautiful Leatherette Case
- Serial Number: Includes a serial number showing care given to your mouthpiece
- Plating: Reticulated 24K Gold plating on the metal mouthpiece
- Premium Hard Rubber: The Hard Rubber DURGA 4 uses the finest vintage style hard rubber on the planet
- Ligature: The metal DURGA includes our integrated two-point contact 24K Gold Plated Liberty Ligature and Alive Gold pressure plate. The Hard Rubber DURGA includes the Enlightened Ligature, rated #1 ligature in the world
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap - The most secure cap in the world
- Bite Pad: User-Replaceable Bite Pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.