BLOW YOUR AUDIENCE AWAY WITH THE THEO WANNE GAIA 3 ALTO SAXOPHONE MOUTHPIECE - HARD RUBBER, SIZE 6
The GAIA 3 alto is fully re-designed! It still has the classic Meyer style of sound, but with many visible, and hard to see innovations.
The result of the GAIA 3’s new design is a freedom of play never before experienced in a traditional-sounding alto mouthpiece! Easy to see innovations include our proprietary Shark-Gill Baffle™, which improves the airflow and opens up the sound. Harder to see is the redesigned baffle shape and chamber :) Once you spend some time on it, you will find a dynamic range and flexibility not found in any other mouthpieces.
Large chambers have been widely explored in the history of tenor mouthpieces, but very little has been done with alto mouthpieces. The GAIA 3 Alto mouthpiece opens up a whole new world for the alto saxophone. Not only is the DESIGN revolutionary, but it uses our state of the art manufacturing and premium materials so that design is made right! The GAIA 3 has evolved from the GAIA 1 with an even more core and body to the sound.
Theo GAIA alto is available in premium hard rubber and in 24K gold plated brass. At first, we were hesitant to make this mouthpiece in brass, however, due to popular demand we made a few and the brass version was a huge hit!
“The GAIA alto is the answer to a saxophonist’s dream! Over my sixty years of performing in either recording studios, or performing live concerts, I can finally do it all with one mouthpiece instead of carrying several pieces around. The only mouthpiece I’ve played in seven decades with EVERYTHING! Without any question, it’s a ‘sonic miracle!'” – George Young (John Lennon, Rolling Stones, Dizzy Gillespie, Frank Sinatra, Madonna)
- Outplays histories best traditional alto mouthpieces
- Full, rich, and fat traditional sound with a hint of edge
- Includes our proprietary Shark-Gill-Baffle, True Large Chamber, and rounded inner side walls all the way to the tip
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces
- Case: Beautiful Leatherette Case
- Serial Number: Includes serial number showing care given to your mouthpiece
- Plating: Reticulated 24K Gold plating with highlights on the globe logo
- Premium Hard Rubber: The Hard Rubber GAIA 3 uses the finest vintage style hard rubber on the planet
- Ligature: The metal GAIA 3 includes our integrated two-point contact 24K Gold Plated Liberty Ligature and Alive Gold pressure plate. The Hard Rubber GAIA 3 includes the Enlightened Ligature, rated #1 ligature in the world
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap - The most secure cap in the world
- Bite Pad: User-Replaceable Bite Pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads
Model: GAIA3-AR6 ALTO
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.