*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
A full-on collaboration between Theo Wanne and Mindi Abair creates the ultimate powerhouse alto mouthpiece!
Mindi is a 2-time Grammy nominee who’s toured with Aerosmith, been featured on American Idol, won a 2015 She Rocks Award for Mad Skills, and filled in for Clarence Clemons with Bruce Springsteen. She knows how to rock a saxophone.
Completely new A.R.T (Advanced Resonance Technology) features have been developed for this mouthpiece, including a Swept-Step™ baffle with roll-over, a newly designed flat-side-wall chamber, and unique duck-bill beak. The result is the most screaming alto mouthpiece ever made. As Mindi says, this mouthpiece allows one and all to “Give Yourself to the Music!”
Theo and Mindi worked together for three years to make the Mindi Abair Signature Alto Mouthpiece! They worked until Mindi could wholeheartedly say:
“This is the best mouthpiece I’ve ever played. I can honestly say it’s the powerhouse mouthpiece that I always dreamed of!” – Mindi Abair (2x Grammy Nominee, Aerosmith, American Idol)
- The ultimate powerhouse alto mouthpiece, yet able to whisper quietly when needed
- Completely new design in high-step with roll-over baffle with a powerful chamber that projects like mad but with an incredible body to the sound
- Collaboration between Mindi Abair and Theo Wanne three years in the making
- Made by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage mouthpieces and maker of the highest quality mouthpieces in history
- Plating: Reticulated White Bronze plating with Mindi’s dark grey signature on the back
- Box: A classy black box with Mindi’s signature in metallic silver, with a beautiful microfiber draw-string pouch
- Case: Beautiful Leatherette Case
- Ligature: Our integrated two-point contact Liberty Ligature and Alive Gold pressure plate
- Cap: Our Reed Replacer Cap is the most secure cap in the world
- Bite Pad: User replaceable bite pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads
Model: MINDI ABAIR7
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.