*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
The Apollo X8P Equips You with Elite Audio Conversion with Eight Unison Mic Preamps, HEXA Core Processing, and Surround Sound
Apollo x8p allows music engineers, producers, and project studios to track, overdub, and mix with elite-class A/D and D/A conversion, HEXA Core UAD plug-in processing, Dual-Crystal clocking, and 7.1 surround sound monitoring — all in a sleek rackmount Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac or Windows.
Built upon UA's 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, this 18 x 22 interface laps the competition with eight Unison™-enabled mic preamps, all-new HEXA Core processing — yielding 50% more DSP for running UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time — plus it includes LUNA Recording System, giving you a fully‑integrated music production application.
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion
With thousands of hit songs and hundreds of Grammy-winning albums under their belt, Apollo interfaces are no strangers to tracking stellar-sounding records. To improve on the previous generation Apollo interfaces' class-leading audio conversion, UA engineers obsessively auditioned the latest A/D and D/A converters — ultimately pairing elite-class 24-bit/192 kHz converters with all-new analog circuitry for an ultra-pristine signal path.
The Apollo X series also introduces new Dual-Crystal clocking — featuring dedicated crystals for 44.1/88.2/176.4k and 48/96/192k sample rates — resulting in stunningly low jitter, measured at less than 10 picoseconds. This translates into pure, artifact-free recordings and solid stereo imaging you can trust.
With 129 dB dynamic range and -119 dB THD+N, Apollo x8p's open, natural sound rivals any dedicated high-end converter on the market — regardless of price — and is the perfect starting point for applying UAD processing.
Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing
Apollo X8P features new HEXA Core processing, with six DSP chips and 50% more UAD plug-in processing power than previous Apollos. This lets you run more UAD plug-ins, whether you're tracking in real time with channel strips from Neve, Manley, or API, or running high UAD plug-in counts when mixing in your DAW.
From the tube warmth of Pultec EQs on guitars to the musical tube limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, or the pump of a genuine 1176 or Fairchild 670 tube compressor on drums, your recordings will take a giant leap forward with a rich, three-dimensional analog sound that UAD plug‑ins provide.
Unison Technology: The Genuine Sound of Neve, API and Manley Preamps
Perfect for engineers, producers, and project studio owners, Apollo X8P features eight Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track large projects through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Helios, SSL, and Universal Audio. A Universal Audio exclusive, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres — including their input impedance, gain stage "sweet spots", and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware.
The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo's mic preamps and its onboard HEXA Core DSP Acceleration. Simply place a Unison preamp plug-in on your mic input in Apollo Console software, and it physically reconfigures the Apollo interface's impedance — so you can tap into the classic sounds of the world's most recorded mic preamps.
A Full Suite of Classic Analog Processing Onboard
Of course, a hallmark feature of Apollo is its Realtime UAD Processing, letting you run the full library of UAD plug-ins with near-zero latency. Apollo x8p includes the Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, so you can record and mix with the world's only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, and Fairchild compressors, the Unison-enabled UA 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ, and legendary guitar and bass amps from Marshall and Ampeg.
Access the World of UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Going beyond the included Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-ins, Apollo X8P lets you tap into the full UAD Powered Plug-In library of legendary vintage EQs, compressors, reverbs, tape machines, channel strips, and more — at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software’s buffer size and without taxing your computer's CPU.
With exclusive emulations from SSL, Neve, Studer, Manley, Helios, API, Ampex, Lexicon, Fender, and more, it's like having a studio full of iconic analog gear, in a single rack space. And unlike competing interfaces, these award-winning DSP-powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing.
LUNA Recording System- Deep Apollo Integration with a Fast, Natural Workflow
Apollo X series interfaces work with all major DAWs. But they become a fully integrated recording system with LUNA, Universal Audio’s groundbreaking music production application for Mac. Harness LUNA’s Accelerated Realtime Monitoring™ and power your workflow with a host of built-in features and optional extensions — from genuine Neve summing and integrated Studer tape, to inspiring LUNA instruments, and more.
Surround Sound, Talkback, and More
The Apollo X8P features built-in front-panel monitoring functions including a Talkback mic, Alt Speakers, and assignable Dim or Mono control. Plus, with its comprehensive 7.1 surround monitoring support, Apollo X8P is a boon for engineers and producers working on audio and music for video games, television, and the web. In addition, Apollo X8P offers selectable +24 dBu operation for out-of-the-box compatibility with professional mixing consoles and other high-end pro audio equipment.
Build an Expanded Studio System Over Thunderbolt
Apollo X8P offers 16 x 22 simultaneous inputs/outputs (8 x 8 analog I/O) and two built-in Thunderbolt 3 ports. This allows users of any Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin or Apollo rackmount audio interfaces to easily combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding fast, high-bandwidth I/O and DSP as your studio grows.
Apollo: The Choice of New-School Professionals
Apollo is the confirmed choice of hit-making professionals, used to record landmark albums by Kendrick Lamar (DAMN.), Chris Stapleton (From A Room: Volume 1), Arcade Fire (Everything Now), Post Malone (Beerbongs and Bentleys), and many more. The Apollo range of interfaces has earned numerous industry awards from Sound on Sound, Future Music, and Electronic Musician — as well as the prestigious TEC Award for computer audio hardware five years running.
- 16 x 22 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 KHz conversion (backwards compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 on Mac)
- Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing for tracking through UAD plug-ins at near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size
- 8 Unison-enabled mic preamps with realtime preamp emulations from Neve, API, SSL, Manley, Universal Audio, and more
- Produce with LUNA Recording System — a fully-integrated recording application made for Apollo (Mac/Thunderbolt)
- Surround monitor controller up to 7.1 format
- Includes the "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle. Other UAD plug-ins sold separately.
- UAD HEXA Core processing onboard for additional mixing horsepower for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Ableton, and other major DAWs
- Combine up to 4 Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and 6 total UAD devices
- Selectable +24 dBu operation for easy compatibility with professional mixing consoles and tape machines
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, Talkback mic, and assignable Dim or Mono
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
- Thunderbolt 3 cable (not included)
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- 6 gigabytes available storage
- Quad Core i7 or better processor recommended
- For additional compatibility information, visit help.uaudio.com
- Available Thunderbolt 1, 2, or 3 port
- Thunderbolt 1 and 2 connections require an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter (not included)
- macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra, 10.14 Mojave, 10.15 Catalina, or 11 Big Sur
- Available Thunderbolt 3 port
- Windows 10 (64-Bit Edition)
- Combo Mic/Line Inputs: 8 Balanced XLR/TRS
- DB25 Inputs: 8 Balanced via 25-pin D-sub
- Instrument (Hi-Z) Inputs: 2 Unbalanced 1/4" TS
- Digital Inputs (Optical TOSLINK):
- ADAT: 8 channels @ 44.1 - 96 kHz
- ADAT: 4 channels @ 176.4 – 192 kHz
- S/PDIF: 2 channels @ 44.1 - 192 kHz (switchable ADAT and S/PDIF)
A to D Conversion
- Mic Preamps
- Dynamic Range: 122 dB (A-weighted)
- THD+N: -115 dB (0.00019%)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, ±0.05 dB
- Line Inputs
- Dynamic Range: 123 dB (A-weighted)
- THD+N: -113 dB (0.00022%)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, ±0.04 dB
- DB25 Line Outputs: 8 Balanced via 25-pin D-sub
- Monitor Outputs: 2 Balanced 1/4" TRS
- Headphone Outputs: 2 Stereo 1/4" TRS
- Digital Outputs (Optical TOSLINK):
- ADAT: 8 channels @ 44.1 - 96 kHz
- ADAT: 4 channels @ 176.4 - 192 kHz
- S/PDIF: 2 channels @ 44.1 to 192 kHz (switchable)
D to A Conversion
- Line Outputs
- Dynamic Range: 127 dB (A-weighted)
- THD+N: -118 dB (0.00011%)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, ±0.07 dB
- Monitor Outputs
- Dynamic Range: 129 dB (A-weighted)
- THD+N: -118 dB (0.00012%)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, ±0.06 dB
- Headphone Outputs
- Dynamic Range: 125 dB (A-weighted)
- THD+N: -102 dB (0.00080%)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, ±0.05 dB
Manufacturer: Univeral Audio
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details