Wampler Plexi Drive Mini - The Essential British Style Sound Now In A Mini-Size With New Features
First, there was the Plexi-Drive. Then there was the Plexi-Drive Deluxe. Now Wampler Pedals brings you the all-new Plexi-Drive Mini. Brian Wampler has managed to cram an improved version of the original Plexi-Drive circuit into a miniature housing and even added some new features.
Like the original, the Plexi-Drive Mini’s unique gain structure covers everything from Vintage ’68 style Plexi tones to the all-out massive rock tones of a JTM-45® cranked to ten, or even eleven! The all-new Mid Boost circuit switch never featured on any previous Wampler Plexi style pedal, creates a powerful throaty tube-like boost by tweaking several gain stages of the circuit at once. The combination of these switches with the Tone and Gain controls offers impressive tonal flexibility from a mini pedal. The Plexi Drive Mini also features our special Bass Boost switch which emulates the tonal difference between a 4x12 and 2x12 speaker cab.
- Volume: Controls the total output volume
- Gain: Controls the total amount of overdrive that's heard
- Tone: Adjust the mix of Bass, or Treble that is output from the pedal
- Bass/Boost Switch: This toggle switch allows you to emulate the feeling of the low-end thump of a 4x12 cab (or two). The Bass Boost will allow you to dial in your low end at lower volume gigs or at bedroom volume levels
- Mids Switch: This toggle switch allows you to engage a multi-gain stage boost that emulates a warm treble and gain boosting circuit going into the Plexi Drive Mini
- Power: The Plexi Drive Mini was designed around the usage of a 9V or 18V DC power source and is intended to sound best at 9V
Manufacturer: Wampler Pedals
Model: PLEXI-DRIVE MINI
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details