*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Get a Legendary Sound with the Warm Audio BUS-COMP 2-Channel VCA Bus Compressor
The Warm Audio BUS-COMP is an all-analog, 2 channel, stereo VCA compressor based on classic circuitry that has provided silky smooth tone for decades. Stereo VCA compressors are masterful at controlling dynamics on many sources, but they have become widely known for their magic touch on stereo mixes.
The BUS-COMP will perform well on stereo mixes, drum mixes, drum overheads, acoustic guitars, keyboards, piano, orchestral instruments, voice-overs and an array of other sources. The BUS-COMP is primarily designed for stereo use, but it can be used just as successfully on individual mono sources. VCA compressors of this type have become widely loved for their ability to control dynamics effortlessly but also for the added tone and depth they provide to the audio signal that passes through them, even when no compression is applied.
Re-creating legendary VCA compressor technology was the focus of the BUS-COMPâ€™s design, however, adding options and improvements was just as important to them during its development. One feature they are proud to boast is the BUS-COMPâ€™s ability to have USA made CineMag transformers inserted into the signal path driven by fully discrete operational amplifiers. With a single push of a front panel switch, these custom USA made transformers are inserted into the audioâ€™s path providing increased depth, tone and vibe!
As with all of the products Warm Audio develops, the BUS-COMP was designed with a price point in mind. With efficient, modern manufacturing techniques they are proud to bring this boutique quality, classic VCA compressor to the market at a quality-to-price ratio previously unseen. More studios than ever before will now have access to analog quality VCA compression. Their desire is for all musicians to be heard the way they want to be heard and we feel the BUS-COMP is the perfect tool to perfect any mix!
- All analog, 2 channel, stereo VCA compressor
- Based on legendary VCA compressor technology
- Selectable discrete opamp stage with CineMag USA transformers
- External side chain source select
- Selectable Hi-pass Filter: 30, 60, 105, 125, 185 Hz
- Compressor engage switch for easy A/B compress vs. no-compress comparison
- Performs well on stereo mixes, drum mixes, drum overheads, acoustic guitars, keyboards, piano, orchestral instruments, voice-overs and endless other sources
- Can be used on stereo as well as individual mono sources
- THAT 2180 VCA's
- Optimally provides both XLR and TRS connectivity
- Noise: < -90dBu
- Headroom: > +29dBu, 20Hz â€“ 20kHz
- Dynamic Range: > 120dB
- Frequency Response: 18Hz â€“ 22kHz
- THD + Noise, 20Hz â€“ 20kHz, +20dBu input: < .05%
- Input Impedance: 10k Ohms
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohms
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.