*RESERVE YOURS NOW - RISK FREE
Get Simplicity At Its Finest With The Yamaha BBNE2 Nathan East Signature 5 String Bass In White
Nathan East has appeared on countless albums and has toured with some of the biggest names in modern music. Whether he is playing blues with Eric Clapton, pop with Phil Collins or contemporary jazz with Fourplay, Nathan relies on his BBNE2 signature five-string bass to deliver the tone he needs.
Featuring neck-through construction, the two-octave neck is built from maple and mahogany with an ebony fingerboard inlaid with figured abalone. Matching mother-of-pearl tuners complete the look. The unique BB body is made of maple and alder for a fat sound with plenty of definition. The BPZ-7 bridge features individual, machined saddles that provide precise intonation, a low profile, and an elegant look. The stacked Alnico humbuckers run through Yamaha's 5-control active electronics, which feature a custom 3-band EQ with a switchable mid-cut to provide sonic versatility for any situation.
5-Piece Neck Through design
The neck through design uses a 5-piece maple and mahogany neck sandwiched between the maple on alder body.
Both the front and back of the bass body are contoured to provide players with a compact, well fitting instrument that offers greater playing comfort.
The stack type pickups are designed in collaboration with Nathan East. The Alnico V pickups include hum-canceling coils.
Individual Bridge Pieces
The bridge consists of Individual bridge pieces that reduce interference from other string vibration delivering a purer tone.
Active electronics include a special equalizer circuit based on Nathan East's "Magic Box." The circuit lets you cut off the selected mid frequency at the touch of a switch for precision sound tailoring.
- Construction: Neck Through
- Scale Length: 34" (863.6 mm)
- Body Materials: Maple / Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Materials: Maple / Mahogany 5-Piece
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 23-5/8" (600 mm)
- Fret Wire: Medium
- Number of Frets: 24
- Nut Materials: Bone
- Width @ 0 Fret / 12th Fret: 43 / 64.7 mm
- Thickness @ 1st Fret / 12th Fret: 20.3 / 23.7 mm
- Neck Pickup: Yamaha Custom Stack Type / Alnico V
- Bridge Pickup: Yamaha Custom Stack Type / Alnico V
- Controls: Master Volume, P.U. Balancer, 3-Band EQ (Bass, Middle, Treble), Mid Cut Frequency Controls, Mid Cut On/Off Switch
- Bridge: Yamaha Original Bridge
- String Spacing: 18 mm
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh GB72
- String Gauge: D'Addario EXL170-5 / 0.045-0.130 (5 strings)
- Case: Included Hardshell Case
Model: BBNE2 WHITE
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details