Get An Authentic Stage Piano From The People Who Know Best With The Yamaha CP73 73-Key Stage Piano
Powered by over 100 years of piano craftsmanship and 45 years of synthesizer innovation, the CP73 stage pianos boast authentic acoustic and electric piano sound, realistic piano touch and an intuitive one-to-one user interface.
Sound is the most important part of any musical instrument. CP73 stage pianos feature a wide range of grand piano, upright piano, electric piano and keyboard sounds for playing any music genre.
Yamaha Premium Acoustic Grand Pianos
CP73 features three premium concert grand pianos: the Yamaha CFX, Yamaha S700 and the sendorfer Imperial 290. These pianos provide full dynamic expression and nuance through meticulous recording and voicing. With over 17 years of development, the Yamaha CFX is our flagship 9' concert grand piano. The CFX offers sparkling highs, powerful bass with incredible dynamic range and the strength to project over a full symphony orchestra. sendorfer is unique amongst piano makers as the only manufacturer in the world still utilizing the Viennese handcrafted design tradition. This produces warm bass, singing treble and rich tonal colors known as the "Viennese Sound." The 9.5' 8-octave Imperial 290 is the flagship of sendorfer grand piano. The extended bass notes resonate with every key you strike, and the massive soundboard supports projection at all frequencies. The S700 is a handcrafted acoustic grand piano built by Yamaha master artisans. It has the power to cut through dense arrangements while remaining delicate and expressive in solo and sparse settings. The S700 was one of the most popular grand piano Voices from the S90ES and S90 stage synthesizer.
Yamaha Acoustic Upright Piano
The UI is the most popular upright piano in the world. The CP73 U1 Voice features a vintage, well-used character. This makes it perfect for any music needing the vibe and sound of an authentic upright piano. The SU7 is the flagship Yamaha acoustic upright piano. The SU7 delivers rich, resonant tone from shared CFX concert grand hammer specification.
Electric Pianos and Keyboards
Yamaha introduced the CP80 and CP70 electric grand pianos in 1978 to give musicians great grand piano sound that could cut through a live band. The CP80 sound on the CP73 is powerful and fat with wide, dynamic range. The 76 Rd tine electric piano has wide dynamic range, high quality and is great for FX. Suitable for all genres of music. 75 Rd has a dirtier, "funkier" tine electric piano sound, great for music requiring vibe and character. 73 Rd has a vintage, fat and warm tine electric piano sound perfect for ballads and accompanying singers. The Wr reed electric piano Voice offers vintage and modern versions with wide dynamic range.
Organs, Clavi and Keyboards: CP73 and also feature a wide range of other keyboard sounds including: tonewheel, transistor and pipe organs plus clavi, FM pianos and more to cover any playing situation.
Synth, Strings, and More
CP73 feature synth sounds for covering any gig or session. Split, layer or solo warm pads, lush strings, deep synth basses, synth leads, brass and more. The one to one CP control interface allows real-time interaction for instant sound creation.
CP73 feature an extensive, integrated effects section for creating your own, unique sound. Each of the three sections (Piano section, Electric piano section and Sub section) features dedicated effects. There are also master effects with delay, reverb and master EQ with dedicated controls for easy, real-time tweaking.
VCM (Virtual Circuitry Modeling) Effects
Virtual Circuitry Modeling re-creates the sound and behavior of vintage effects and high-end studio signal processors by modeling the circuits down to the original analog component level.
- 73-Key Keyboard (E1-E7)
- BHS (Balanced Hammer Standard) keyboard: matte black keytops
- Tone Generating Technology: AWM2
- Number of Polyphony (Max.): 128
- Number of Voices: 57 (Piano: 10 / E. Piano: 14 / Sub: 33)
- Delay: 2 types (Analog, Digital)
- Reverb: 1 type (hall)
- Master EQ: 3 bands (with sweepable MID)
- Insertion Effect: Piano: 2 systems (1: Damper Resonance / 2: Compressor, Distortion, Drive, Chorus), E. Piano: 3 systems (1: Drive / 2: Auto Pan, Tremolo, Ring Modulator, Touch Wah, Pedal Wah, Compressor / 3: Chorus1, Chorus2, Flanger, Phaser1, Phaser2, Phaser3), Sub: 1 system (Chorus/Flanger, Rotary Speaker, Tremolo, Distortion)
- Line Out: OUTPUT [L/MONO]/[R] (6.3 mm, standard phone jacks, UNBALANCED), OUTPUT [L]/[R] (XLR jacks, BALANCED)
- Headphones: [PHONES] (6.3 mm, standard stereo phone jack)
- Foot Controller: FOOT CONTROLLER /, FOOT SWITCH [SUSTAIN]/[ASSIGNABLE]
- MIDI: MIDI [IN]/[OUT]
- USB: USB [TO HOST]/[TO DEVICE]
- AUX: INPUT [L/MONO]/[R] (6.3 mm, standard phone jacks)
- Width: 1,086 mm (42-3/4")
- Height: 144 mm (5-11/16")
- Depth: 355 mm (14")
- Weight: 13.1 kg (28 lb, 14 oz)
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details