Compact Reference Monitor with Faithful Sound Reproduction
The versatile MSP3 reference monitor has been renewed as the MSP3A, featuring a new Twisted Flare Port that delivers clearer bass from a simpler, more beautiful design.
With a 22-watt built-in amplifier, the MSP3A offers faithful sound reproduction, and like its predecessor, has a variety of inputs and controls and is compatible with numerous optional support brackets.
The MSP3A is an ideal choice for small studios and post-production setups, as well as also for monitoring electronic instruments and surround reproduction.
Authentic Sound in A Compact Body
The MSP3A features a 10 cm (3.94") woofer with a Twisted Flare Port design and a 2.2 cm (0.87") tweeter. The built-in power amp is optimized for the speaker units to deliver reference sound that is clear and natural. Although the built-in amp puts out a powerful 22 watts, the MSP3A weighs only 3.6 kilograms (7.9 lbs), making it portable and easy to reposition.
Clear Bass from Unique Twisted Flare Port Technology
The Twisted Flare Port design makes the most of our extensive subwoofer development experience. The flared, gently twisting shape diffuses the vortex of air generated around the port edge, creating smooth air flow. This reduces extraneous noise not in the original input signal and reproduces low frequencies clearly and accurately. From movie special effects to live venue atmospheres, the bass is clear, tight and realistic.
Versatile Inputs and Controls
In addition to a Combo XLR/TRS connector that allows direct input from a +4dB mixer or other professional equipment, the MSP3A provides an RCA jack for conventional connection to electronic instruments and other -10dB audio devices. Tone controls let you optimize the sound for your monitoring environment and effectively compensate for frequency imbalances caused by speaker placement or room resonance.
- Speaker Type: 2-way powered speaker, Bass-reflex type (Twisted Flare Port)
- Frequency Response: 67Hz - 22kHz
- Crossover: 4kHz
- Output Power: 22W
- Maximum Output Level: 99dB SPL
- Inputs Sensitivity: LINE 1 : -10 dBu, 10kΩ (RCA), LINE 2 : +4.0 dBu, 10kΩ (Combo)
- I/O Connectors: LINE 1 : RCA, LINE 2 : Combo (XLR/TRS phone)
- Power Requirements: May vary depending on region : 120V 50/60Hz, 110 – 120V 50/60Hz, 230V 50/60Hz, 220 – 230V 50/60Hz, 220V 50Hz, 240V 50Hz
- Power Consumption: 30W
- Dimensions (W x H X D): 144mm X 36mm X 166mm
- Net Weight: 3.6kg (7.9 lbs.)
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details