Get Over 1000 Voices In A Lightweight Keyboard- The Yamaha MX61BK 61-Key Synthesizer Controller
For keyboardists needing great sounds, computer connectivity and integration along with full-sized keys in an ultra-portable package, the MX61BK is a lightweight synthesizer featuring the legendary MOTIF sound engine and computer integration. Unlike dedicated keyboard controllers with no internal sounds or hardware synths that require a separate audio interface, MX61BK features a powerful synthesizer engine, deep computer DAW and iOS APP control and an integrated, class-compliant USB Audio/MIDI interface.
Over 1000 Sounds From the MOTIF Series
The MX BK/BU series contains more than 1000 Voices derived directly from the world famous Yamaha MOTIF XS music production synthesizer. From realistic acoustic sounds like piano, electric piano, strings and drums to complex 8-element synth sounds, the MX BK/BU has all your favorite MOTIF XS Voices at your fingertips. The MX BK/BU even has a streamlined interface for instant hands-on selection of all those great Voices. The newly designed category selection makes it easier than ever to find the Voice you need. You can even edit and store your own sounds right onboard.
Class-Compliant, "Plug and Play" USB Audio/MIDI
The MX BK/BU series features class-compliant, "plug and play" USB audio/MIDI with iOS, Mac and PC. Just plug it in and your MX BK/BU synthesizer becomes your audio and MIDI interface for the rest of your music studio. Monitor all the sounds from your computer via the headphone output of the MX BK/BU or listen to your DAW tracks by connecting the MX BK/BU to external studio monitors or PA gear. The audio converters on the MX BK/BU are made for professional music applications so everything on your computer - even games - will sound better when using the MX BK/BU as the output. The MX BK/BU interface is bi-directional, so you can record the internal sounds of the MX BK/BU directly to your computer, without ever going to the analog domain, for the highest possible quality.
Plug and Play, "FM Essential"
"FM Essential" is an FM synthesizer app for iPhone and iPad with real-time synth performance and editing. Connect FM Essential to an MX BK/BU series synthesizer and unlock a full set 271 Voices.
Easy Split/Layer Performance Mode for Instant Inspiration
Performance Mode on the MOTIF has always been the place to find instant inspiration and the MX BK/BU is no different. You can easily combine two Voices to play on the keyboard using the dedicated Split and Layer buttons each with their own intelligent arpeggiator and a dedicated Part for a drum track to create evocative Performances that feel like a whole band is playing. The 128 Performances on the MX BK/BU are all user editable so you can customize them for your style of music.
16-Part Multi Timbral and 128-Note Polyphony
Each Performance contains not only the three sounds described above, but all the settings for a complete 16-Part Multi setting for multi-part sequencing with a DAW. You can switch between any of the 16 Parts without the sound cutting off. With 128 notes of polyphony there are plenty of notes to play even the densest sequences from your DAW. These features make the MX the perfect tone generator solution for live performance and live playback of DAW MIDI tracks.
- Number of Keys: 61
- Initial Touch: Yes
- Tone Generator: AWM2
- Maximum Polyphony: 128 notes
- Multi Timbral Capacity: 16 parts (Internal)
- Wave: Approx. 166 MB (when converted to 16-bit linear format)
- Voices: Preset: 1,106 Normal Voices + 61 Drum Kits, GM: 128 Normal Voices + 1 Drum Kit, User: 128 Normal Voices + 8 Drum Kits
- Performance: User: 128 (16 parts)
- Effects: Reverb x 9 types (42 presets), Chorus x 17 types (88 presets), Insertion Effect x 48types (267 presets) x 4, Master EQ (5 bands)
- Tempo (BPM): 5 – 300
- Songs: 27 Demo Songs
- Patterns: 208 Patterns
- Arpeggio: 999 types
- Sequence formats: SMF Format 0 (playback only)
- Sequence Software compatible with the Remote Control function
- For Windows*: Cubase 8 or later, SONAR X 2 Producer
- For Mac*: Cubase 8 or later, Logic Pro X, Digital Performer 9
- Controllers: Pitch Bend Wheel x 1, Modulation Wheel x 1, Assignable Knob x 4, [DATA] dial x 1
- Display: 3 digit LED + 20 x 2 line character LCD (backlit)
- Connectors: OUTPUT [L / MONO] / [R] (standard phone jack), [PHONE] (standard stereo phone jack), [FOOT CONTROLLER], [SUSTAIN], MIDI [IN] / [OUT], USB [TO HOST] / [TO DEVICE], [AUX IN], DC IN
- Power Supply: 9 W
- Accessories: AC adaptor (PA-150B or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha), Owner' Manual, Cubase AI Download Information
*Functions to be controlled differ depending on the softwareManufacturer: Yamaha
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.