Have Power, Flexibility, And Intelligence In One Lightweight Package With theÂ Yamaha PX8 Power Amplifier
The versatile PX series power amplifiers lineup combines intelligent processing with high output power to meet the requirements of a vast range of sound reinforcement environments.
PX series models are driven by a newly developed Class-D amplifier engine that concentrates all the necessary functions into a single custom LSI chip, and uses PLL technology to control transfer characteristics in real time, achieving impressive sound quality and power. This new single-chip architecture offers higher output and improved performance in a more lightweight, yet reliable design. A combination of cutting-edge technology and an exhaustive component selection process make PX Series amplifiers supremely efficient amplifiers with low noise, reliable protection features, and above all, outstanding sound quality.
DSP FOR AUDIO PROCESSING - INPUT ROUTING & OUTPUT ROUTING
Amp Mode allows the user to configure the system without difficulty by selecting the input routing and output routing. A total of 15 types of patterns can be selected.
The PX series offers a versatile range of different power output capabilities suitable for a wide variety of sound reinforcement applications.
SOPHISTICATED SIGNAL PROCESSING
PX series models come with flexible onboard crossover, filters, delay, limiter and PEQ (fixed preset) functions as standard, allowing quick and easy system setup via the LCD display, without the need for any additional outboard gear. All models also feature Yamahaâ€™s intelligent D-CONTOUR multi-band dynamic processing, allowing users to achieve consistent clarity and high-quality sound for either front-of-house or monitor configurations.
EASY, INTUITIVE SETUP
To accommodate users with varying levels of sound reinforcement experience, the PX series offers both Basic and Advanced setup modes. Basic mode allows even inexperienced users to easily configure a system that meets their needs, while Advanced mode offers experienced users more precise control over every aspect of their sound. All models feature eight programmable presets for instant recall and reduced setup time that can be saved to a USB thumb drive and shared with other PX amplifiers.
SMART CONFIGURATION WIZARD
The Config Wizard allows users to save even more time during system setup by assigning optimized speaker settings that match your system configurationâ€“ simply select the appropriate filter and crossover for each speaker, and Config Wizard will do the rest. Config Wizard also features presets* specifically tuned for each model in Yamahaâ€™s extensive lineup of passive speakers, including the popular CBR, Club, Installation, and VXS/VXC series, and an advanced mode that allows more detailed configuration of parameters such as input routing, input sensitivity, amp gain, and speaker impedance. *Presets may be added and updated in the future.
FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY, DURABLE CONSTRUCTION
Equipped with both XLR and TRS inputs, and binding post, SpeakON and phone outputs, PX Series amplifiers offer the flexibility needed for a variety of setups and environments, and the durability to stand up to extended road-use thanks to the sturdy chassis and carrying handle design.
UTILITIES FOR SAFE AND SECURE OPERATION
PX Series amplifiers make it fast and easy to configure panel settings, monitor amplifier status, and transfer data via USB, and also feature a panel locking function to keep your settings safe. Users can even export information such as internal device and log data to USB for rapid troubleshooting should difficulties arise.
- Newly developed Class-D amplifier engine with a custom LSI
- Flexible onboard PEQ, crossover, filters, delay, and limiter functions
- Yamaha Speaker presets
- Utlities for safe and secure operation
- 2x 800W at 8Î©
- 2x 1050W at 4Î©
- Output Power - 1kHz
- Both Channels Driven
- Sampling Frequency Rate - 48kHz
- A/D D/A Converters - AD/DA: 24-bit Linear; 128 Times Over Sampling
- Total Harmonic Distortion - 0.1% (1kHz, 10W), 0.3% (1kHz, Half-Power)
- Frequency Response - ±1.0dB (1W, 8Ω, 20Hz to 20kHz)
- S/N Ratio - 101dB (A-weighted, 8Ω, Gain setting = +14dBu)
- Crosstalk - Less than -60dB (Half Power, 8Ω, 1kHz, Vol max input 150Ω shunt)
- Maximum Input Voltage - +24dBu
- Input Impedence - 20kΩ (Balance), 10kΩ (Unbalance)
- Speaker Output Ports - Neutrik speakON NL4 x2, Binding post x2 pairs, 1/4" PHONE(TS) x2
- Line Input - XLR-3-31 x2, 1/4 "PHONE(TRS) x2
- Other I/O Connectors: USB 2.0 Standard-A Connector (Female) for Save/Load, Speaker preset update, Firmware update with USB memory; AC inlet x1 with AC cord clamp
- Latency - 1.5 msec (Analog Input to Speakers)
- Amplifier Class - Class D, Balanced output circuit (BTL)
- Power Requirements - Depending on area of purchase; 100V 50Hz/60Hz, 120V 60Hz, 220V-240V 50Hz/60Hz *Verified as operating at rated power voltage +/- 10% voltage.
- Power Consumption - 280W (1/8 MAX power, 4Ω, Pink noise at all channels), 60W (4Ω, Idling)
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.