Don't Let Anything Get In The Way Of Your Practice Sessions With The Yamaha SB7X-2 Silent Brass System For Trumpet
Pickup Mute and Personal Studio for Flugelhorn (with Brass Resonance Modeling)
You want to play when and as you like, without being confined to time or place? Yamaha's next generation SILENT Brass makes it happen. The new SILENT Brass consists of a smaller, lighter, freer blowing Pickup Mute, and the Personal Studio, which features Yamaha's exclusive Brass Resonance Modeling. Used together, the two deliver the natural acoustic tone you hear when playing without a mute, making it feel as though you are playing mute free.
PICKUP MUTE - TRUMPET, FLUGELHORN, FRENCH HORN AND TROMBONE
The Pickup Mute combines a high-performance mute with an internal microphone to pickup sound. Significantly smaller and lighter than previous versions, the mute offers superior muting performance, delivers excellent intonation over a wide pitch range, and natural playability. A new compact design now lets you put your instrument in its case with the mute in the bell.
Please note that the Pickup Mute may not fit some instruments with significantly different bell shapes or bell diameters. Please check before purchasing.
LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMPACT
The new SILENT Brass Pickup Mute is designed to be significantly smaller and lighter than previous models to improve the balance when playing, yet it offers approximately the same muting efficiency along with stable pitch over a wide range and unrestricted breath flow.
ADJUSTABLE PITCH AND PLAYING FEEL
With the euphonium and tuba mutes, an adjustable rod allows the position of the mute head to be raised or lowered inside the bell while playing. This gives you the ability to customize the feel and the pitch to find the perfect fit for your own instrument and playing style. In addition, this allows the mute to be adjusted for a wide range of bell sizes.
DISASSEMBLE TO COMPACT SIZE
The tuba and euphonium mutes can be broken down, and the disassembled mute body halves can be stacked for compact storage. This may allow the mute to be stored inside the instrument's bell while inside its case or gig bag!*
Please confirm the fit with your instrument and case independently. Do not stand the instrument on its bell when the mute is installed.
BRASS RESONANCE MODELING
The SILENT Brass features this unique Yamaha technology which uses the modeling of non-muted brass instruments to correct your instrument's tone when the Pickup Mute is in place. The resulting sound is so realistic, it's hard to tell whether or not the instrument is muted.
EXTERNAL DEVICE INPUT FOR ENJOYABLE, EFFECTIVE PRACTICE
By connecting to portable audio players or smart phones with audio playback capability, you can play along with your favorite tunes or practice with popular "minus-one" backing tracks.
Stereo mini-to-mini cable sold separately.
- Dimensions (Diameter x Length): 129 x 143mm (5-1/16 inch x 5-5/8 inch)
- Weight: 130g (4.6 oz.)
- Internal Microphone: Electric condenser microphone
- Pickup Output Jack: Mini phone jack
- Nominal Level: -25dB ~ -35dB
- Brass Resonance Modeling: Yes
- Included Accessories: Cable, Stereo Earphones, Owner's Manual
- Model: STX-2
- Dimensions: 70 x 20 x 98mm
- Weight: 71g (2.5 oz) without batteries
- Jacks & Terminals: MUTE IN, AUX IN, PHONES
- Control: Volume, Reverb type, Power ON/OFF
- Brass Resonance Modeling: Yes (requires a compatible X-series Pickup Mute to function correctly)
- Power Supply: AA alkaline or nickel-metal hydride batteries x 2 (3V DC)
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA90327
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device