Enjoy Organic Beauty and Innovative Sound - The Yamaha YEV 105NT 5-String Electric Violin - Natural
Inspired by craft and design elements of Yamaha acoustic guitars, Yamaha set out to design a new kind of electric violin made primarily from wooden materials. This instrument takes a design cue from both violin and acoustic guitar shapes, creating a beautiful yet amazingly lightweight instrument made with six different woods. These wood materials are carefully crafted with an airy infinity loop-like design, representing the dimensions of acoustic space, and is as stunning visually as it is fun to play. Using a unique Yamaha bridge pickup that carries over from professional Yamaha Silent Violins, this instrument delivers a smooth, organic and warm tone. The design incorporates a simple one quarter inch input to match the clean and natural aesthetic of this innovative electric violin.
- Inspired Design: Mobius strip-like shape provides continuity between front and back. Three-dimensional form is designed to appeal to the audience when performing live.
- Feel: The lightweight design, natural touch points and curves allow the player to effortlessly move between the YEV and a standard acoustic violin. The instrument’s shape allows for most standard shoulder, chin rests and tailpieces.
- Sound: Achieves a beautiful, smooth, organic sound aided by the natural resonance of the wood.
- Body: Maple, mahogany and spruce body produces a rich, strong tone as the bow grips the string.
- Frame: Walnut frame brings an ideal blend of flexibility and strength in a 5-layer wood design that is not only striking, but also contributes to natural resonance vibration when played with a bow.
- Pickup: Professional-grade bridge pickup carried over from the Silent Violin Pro series design. While effectively picking up the sound of the entire instrument, it also captures the instrument’s attack and the players’ expressive bowing nuances.
- Signal Switch: On-board volume control bypass selects direct output of the pickup signal, or output via the instrument’s volume control. Direct output delivers the instrument’s full sonic potential, with rich lows and punchy impact.
- Size: 4/4
- Body: Spruce/Mahogany/Maple
- Side/Frame: Walnut
- Neck: Maple
- Finger Board: Rosewood
- Bridge: Maple with built-in Piezo-electric Pickup
- Tuning Pegs: Ebony
- Tailpiece: Synthetic Resin (equipped with fine tuners)
- Chin Rest: Ebony
- Strings: D'Addario Zyex (D'Addario Helicore on C-string)
- Pick Up: System Bridge w/ Built-in Piezo-electric Pickup
- Controls: Volume Control, Selector Switch (Volume Control activation switch)
- Output: Passive Output 1/4 inch
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.